All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I finally managed to work out how to set the clock on the microwave we've brought over from my gran's following her passing, but it's one of the ones where the power cycles differently from the rest of the place so the time sneaks forward. Nowhere near as bad as my old microwave back in Manchester that was usually about 10 minutes out after a week or two. Ridiculous. 

• Paid Members

Six years today since the 2017 election. Yes, they are still in power. Yes, there's a big argument on the left about how to view Corbyn's achievements in this and subsequent elections and whether 2017 really changed anything. But whatever happened since, nothing will ever beat CNN's anchors getting a big surprise:

On 6/2/2023 at 12:09 PM, LaGoosh said:

No it's not. If it's a conversation with people you work with about people you work with or work itself then it's an official work conversation. 

But how is such determination made? Is it solely Boris himself who decides what constitutes relevant conversations encompassing the factors you mentioned? Can we really place our trust in him to willingly disclose all pertinent information while keeping his personal, non-work messages confidential? Alternatively, is there someone else tasked with discerning what qualifies as work discussions versus personal exchanges? And if so, how do they arrive at that conclusion? Are they required to sift through the entirety of his WhatsApp conversations, including personal matters that he may not want in the public eye?

And I know when it comes to (don't call him) Boris we all just want to chuckle and contribute to his downfall, but if the powers that be can demand to see his WhatsApp conversations, it opens a can of worms that could carry broader implications I think.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tamura said:

Government phone = goverment business. Personal phone ≠ government business.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-corporate-communication-channels-for-government-business

Previous guidance (from 10 years ago) was more email focussed.  It's the message rather than the device that counts.

6 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Mogg, Patel and Bailey given peerages. I should really take my dislike of the general population, focus all the hate on the poor and immigrants and maybe I'll get one.

Only Bailey got a peerage out of the three, although Keith's allegedly corrupt relative Benjamin Houchen got one as well. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Mogg, Patel and Bailey given peerages. I should really take my dislike of the general population, focus all the hate on the poor and immigrants and maybe I'll get one.

Not quite, they've been made Dame Priti Patel and Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg. Bailey has been nominated for a peerage though. 

Hilariously Dorries has stood as an MP with immediate effect and not been nominated for a peerage. Ha ha ha. 

6 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Only Bailey got a peerage out of the three, although Keith's allegedly corrupt relative Benjamin Houchen got one as well. 

Sorry it was knighthoods/Dame the others got but still? For being paid a heavy salary to be a cunt.

Edit @Lion_of_the_MidlandsI wasn't sure if she quit thinking she was getting something or quit out of spite as she got nothing. She's not a major loss to the political world is she though.

Edited by westlondonmist

11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Sorry it was knighthoods/Dame the others got but still? For being paid a heavy salary to be a cunt.

I try not to make too much distinction between the various types of vanity titles given out mostly on the the basis of them licking Johnson's arse, but a peerage allows unelected people a lifelong say in the running of the country so it's an important distinction to make as it can't be ignored like refusing to call them "Sir".

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I wasn't sure if she quit thinking she was getting something or quit out of spite as she got nothing.

10 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't know if she stood down thinking she was getting made Lady Dorries of Nether Wallop but I hope she did and that Johnson screwed her, which lets face it wouldn't have been the first time.

It's being reported that her and Alok Sharma were taken off the honours list so as not to trigger by-elections.  She's then resigned triggering a by-election anyway.

Edited by johnnyboy

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

It's being reported that her and Alok Sharma were taken off the honours list so as not to trigger by-elections.  She's then resigned triggering a by-election anyway.

That is fucking sensational. She hates Sunak so this is just her driving in the knife on the way out. You can't beat a bit of blue on blue action.