Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Replace it with "who is the shortest ruling Prime Minister in British history." 

*makes note*

 

I'm just going to reframe it as "second-shortest", but do a load of build-up about how I had to change the question at the last minute. And I'm going to work in @SuperBacon's point about Clough and Leeds Utd as well.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

The Tory membership are the ones who picked Truss. The party are apparently trying to work out how change the rules to stop members from having the ultimate decision. Even the Tories realise their members are batshit. 

As the day "matures", I'm now genuinely worried that the 1922 sociopaths' racism has finally given way to their praxis, and they're changing the rules to enable them to pick Sunak without interference from their knuckle-dragging electorate.

I've no illusions about him as a PM in the long-term, but in the short-term, he's competent enough to keep the illusion going right through the next GE, and give this right-wing country the next excuse they need to vote the Tories back in.

  • Paid Members
Posted

What's Jeremy Corbyn gone and done now? His secret illuminati cabal with Charlotte Flair is going to ruin the world. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

The Conservative Crumble

I'll stick with the banoffee pie.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

 

I've no illusions about him as a PM in the long-term, but in the short-term, he's competent enough to keep the illusion going right through the next GE, and give this right-wing country the next excuse they need to vote the Tories back in.

I don't think a lot of the new Tory/former Red wall voters will back  Sunak either tbh, largely for the same reasons as the Tory membership.

Electorally, the Tories single hope is that these new Tories were so upset by Labour that they simply stay at home rather than them switching back. That way it's a matter of turn-out which leans in their favour (young Brits don't vote). They'll be looking at using their majority as a cushion rather than winning seats. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Same amoung of time as Clough at Leeds. 44 days. Damned but not United.

I'm pretending that I'm witty and intelligent, and came up with this sparkling follow-up straight away:

At least the Leeds hooligan firms of the 70s were probably a more stable and less racist bunch of Tories to appeal to.

  • Members
Posted
30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm pretending that I'm witty and intelligent, and came up with this sparkling follow-up straight away:

At least the Leeds hooligan firms of the 70s were probably a more stable and less racist bunch of Tories to appeal to.

Allan Clarke* >>>> Kenneth Clark**

*Yes, I had to look the squad up.

**Sorry Chest.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

*makes note*

 

I'm just going to reframe it as "second-shortest", but do a load of build-up about how I had to change the question at the last minute. And I'm going to work in @SuperBacon's point about Clough and Leeds Utd as well.

You could just say “before today, who was the shortest”? The question can be saved!

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You could just say “before today, who was the shortest”? The question can be saved!

Yeh, but I wanna work in all that other stuff. Content!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...