All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

So it looks like Kwasi is going to be thrown under the bus today. I'm sure the fact he tanked the pound and they all gained from it will soften the blow somewhat.

Already happened, mate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-63221738

So both the papers and the TV news have discussed a plot under way to get rid of Truss in the next couple of weeks, surely that will be the shortest Prime Minister reign ever? 

There must be a push for a general election soon. This is an absolute shitshow, it actually seems to far fetched for a TV show storyline but is in fact reality.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

So both the papers and the TV news have discussed a plot under way to get rid of Truss in the next couple of weeks, surely that will be the shortest Prime Minister reign ever? 

Thought I'd look this up - current shortest reign is 118 days, George Canning in 1827, and that one was only so short because he died.

It doesn't matter if they're criminal masterminds or staggeringly incompetent - the whole party is culpable for their poisonous actions over the last decade, and especially the last few years where they've not even made an attempt to mask that they're happy to gamble with British lives. I'd be amazed if Kwarteng had a long term plan. He rode in alongside his longtime political bestie, delivered her agenda, wrought the necessary havoc, then got straight out again. They KNEW their mini budget would cause the monumental (I'm loath to say "irreparable", but still...) damage it did, deliberately ignoring the governmental audit, checks and balances designed to prevent such flagrant self-interest. That it was still allowed to go ahead, even on a technicality, demonstrates how culturally corrupt Westminster as a whole is. The immediate appointment of Hunt is a deliberate play to put a "safe" hand in public view. I expect the BoE to put some herculean work in to steady the economic ship, while the Government tries to keep a low profile, then they can roll out come election time, taking credit dePfeffel-style by virtue of being in power while someone else tidied up the shitshow. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

There must be a push for a general election soon.

What has to happen to trigger this now? Because fuck me, this is untenable. Obviously we all know that a Tory shouldn't lead the country anyway, but having FOUR consecutive PMs get the push (or 'walk', if you'd rather) is an absolute mess. 12 years of progressive to rapid decline.

This is going to be an interesting period for history students in the future, for sure. The 'my god didn't it all go down the shitter' period.