The cringing cult of celebrity, according to Wikipedia.

tiger_rick

• Moderators

To the surprise of no-one, Mark Hughes is Ruabon and  Robbie Savage Wrexham. I may move these to Off topic as it seems like something intresting for there.

And, brilliantly, Llandudno is represented by Purple Aki!!!

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Jersey's not included, so I went for a look around the old country...

Eleonar Tomlinson for Beverley, my hometown. Having looked her up, I can safely say I have never knowingly seen a single thing she's done.

The village I grew up in, Bishop Burton, gets William Duncan, an Anglican missionary to British Columbia.

Hull gets Andrew Lincoln, and I was today years old when I realised that Rick Grimes from Walking Dead (which I've never watched) is just Simon from Teachers.

Driffield, where my brother and much of the extended family live (or thereabouts), gets Mick Woodmansey of the Spiders from Mars, which is pretty boss.

Stockport have got Claire Foy. Can't say I've heard of her but one Google search later shows she's far too lovely to be from here. Surprised it's not Phil Foden actually, he's only about ten minutes from my place.

• Paid Members

Got Freema Agyeman, Bob Hoskins, and Jeremy Corbyn for my local area (am sort of in one of those weird in-between areas).

My mum's from an in-between place too, near Liversedge, Heckmondwike, Cleckheaton, etc. Biggest names there are Patrick Stewart, from Mirfield (knew about that one before, though), and Roger Hargreaves, from Cleckheaton (which I didn't know about).

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Not having Kaya Scodelario for Haywards Heath, seems like bollocks, not when it's the birthplace of Suede (the band) and where Richard Osmond grew up! 

Bernard Butler's the name for Stamford Hill, just round the corner from me!

Bloody William Hague. 

Think that's about it from my little town, although Lucy Clarkson of Tomb Raider 'fame' was in the year above me at school.

At least Barnsley is John Stones and not Dickie Bastard Bird.

Edit: There's a village near us called Wentworth and hilariously Ernie Els crops up. 

Edited by Max Power
Can't spell.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Bernard Butler's the name for Stamford Hill, just round the corner from me!

Aye, I believe it was just Brett Anderson and Mat Osman (Richard's brother) who are from round this way.

I got Bob Hoskins for where I grew up, which I never knew, so that's quite cool.