Sign in to follow this  
tiger_rick

The cringing cult of celebrity, according to Wikipedia.

2 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

How could I forget (the mountains are just behind Geronimo's)

wL5AeJf.jpg

WE WILL MAKE LOVE.

Jim Broadbent for Lincoln which is fair enough, but scattered around in the locality we have some famous and infamous folks. 

Sleaford gives us Jennifer Saunders and Ruskington gives that shining light of noughties lad mag wank fodder Abi Titmus (And a happy new year) 

Both Woodhall Spa and Boston lay claim to Robert Webb, and Horncastle gives us executioner par excellence William Marwood, who invented the method known as the "Long Drop" You would think he was the worst person to come from this neck of the woods but obviously Grantham has Margaret Thatcher so he can rest easy. 

I expected Mark Williams (The Fast Show, Father Brown) for my home town and that's who it was (although part of me hoped it would've been ex-Neighbours starlet Nicola Charles).

Other notables in the vicinity are John Bonham, Vanessa Redgrave and Robert Plant.

Hull having Andrew Lincoln was a surprise, usually any mention of Hull gets obligatory mentions of The Housemartins/Beautiful South or Phillip Larkin. Hedon claiming Gareth Hale made my day though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Some actress I've never heard of from solo a star wars story. 

I'm supprised as I was expecting Colin Grazier

Alan Kendall who apparently was the lead guitarist from off of out of the Bee Gees is from Darwen, like what I am. 

I also didn't realise that Jon Anderson (not the referee from Gladiators) is from Accrington. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Alan Kendall who apparently was the lead guitarist from off of out of the Bee Gees is from Darwen, like what I am. 

I also didn't realise that Jon Anderson (not the referee from Gladiators) is from Accrington. 

Unless your into prog-rock, I doubt anyone would know who ‘not Gladiators referee’ Jon Anderson is, but ask them who Jon Anderson is and they’ll probably say you can go on their first whistle 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Apparently Ed Sheeran's from Halifax?! As bloody if. I was bought up just between Huddersfield and Mirfield so Pateick Stewart and Harold Wilson are the ones who show up on that map. Lena Heady and Jodie Whittaker are both from Huddersfield, I'm surprised they aren't on there

1 minute ago, deathrey said:

Apparently Ed Sheeran's from Halifax?! As bloody if.

Apparently he was born there but then moved to Suffolk as a kid.

Just now, PunkStep said:

Apparently he was born there but then moved to Suffolk as a kid.

Really?! More proof that Halifax is shit then