The cringing cult of celebrity, according to Wikipedia.

tiger_rick

Other than the ones already named, these are the wrestler tie ins:

Zack Sabre Jr for Isle of Sheppey

Bram for Chesterfield

Dave "Fit" Finlay for Carrickfergus

William Regal for Codsall

MMA tie-ins:

Michael Bisping for Clitheroe

Jack Marshman for Abertillery

Edited by Pier Six Brawler

13 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

How could I forget (the mountains are just behind Geronimo's)

wL5AeJf.jpg

We went to Geronimo's the other week. Some bloke kept looking at the kids from behind a slots machine.

This is all bullshit, my town has Rushie and King Thistle amongst it's luminaries yet has no representation at all.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Pretty sure this isn't how it works.

I thought that too, but –

the site claims we're more associated with a different royal from another continent (and one I'd never heard of)

By their own criteria, they've gone with someone even more obscure than what I was thinking... which I'd imagine takes quite some doing.

EDIT: I just checked and he's not mentioned on my town's Wiki page and we don't crop up on his. But ours does give a nod to Gary Anderson and a member of Union J.

Edited by Fog Dude

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

I thought that too, but –

By their own criteria, they've gone with someone even more obscure than what I was thinking... which I'd imagine takes quite some doing.

Is this your one?

image.png.f5dff79f6f6fb66b0559b98f208987e5.png

If so, he was born in Burnham-on-sea.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, tiger_rick said:

This is a map of the UK with each place represented by the person born in or representative of that place who is most viewed on Wiki.

Not based on who stayed in a hotel there once!

I've got Jane Seymour (the actress) oddly. I say oddly because Wikipedia says she was born in the next town over. Thankfully the next town over is represented by a topless show girl rather than it's current MP, Boris Johnson.

My town should really be represented by George Orwell, who hated it. Hayes' contribution to dystopian literature is under appreciated. 

• Paid Members

Andy Cole for Nottingham. Looking him up, he finished his career at Forest which I've absolutely no recollection of. Nearby we've got Vicky McClure unsurprisingly and Ken Barlow was born in Basford apparently.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Is this your one?

image.png.f5dff79f6f6fb66b0559b98f208987e5.png

If so, he was born in Burnham-on-sea.

Not based on who stayed in a hotel there once!

All right, it's tenuous, I grant you. The rules do state that someone also counts if they're "associated with" the town. Like I say, there's a few others I'd have accepted apart from Haile Selassie, but I've genuinely never encountered anything about this Charles Brooke guy before and there's no civic pride derived from him having been born here, whereas there are plaques up on the Esplanade about the time an Emperor visited. 

Nothing for Anfield, where I'm from, the closest part of Liverpool shown is Bootle, represented by Steve McManaman. Other notable names for the Liverpool/Merseyside area (aside from the Beatles) include Neil Buchanan (yes that one!) for Aintree, UKFF favorite Stephen Graham for Kirkby, and surprisingly Taron Egerton for Birkenhead