Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

On 10/7/2019 at 2:47 AM, MungoChutney said:

If that's English football, you can keep it. Celtic vs Cluj on Thursday was on a different planet entirely in terms of authenticity.

Any Celtic fan who tries to assume the high ground against the English game, especially when they try to use atmosphere needs to wind their neck right in. Have you seen how empty Celtic Park is most weekends? Look around you when you're playing Livingston, Dundee, Inverness or St Mirren. The atmosphere outside of your pocket of fans in the corner is non-existent.

You get decent crowds for some European games, and games against Rangers. Outside of that the atmosphere is pish.

And don't get me started on the financial gripes I hear from you lot. You cry about the gulf between yourselves and Europe's finest while blatantly ignoring the fact that the financial gap between Celtic and the majority of other Scottish clubs is greater than that between Celtic and PSG or Manchester City. 

You bash the English Premier League, yet if those who run the game down south fluttered their eyelashes at you you'd be off like a shot to join in.

@David you're talking absolute pish. Celtic have 55,000 season ticket holders. There maybe 3 or 4,000 of those who don't turn up some weekends, mostly those traveling from England or Ireland. 

I've been to 3 SPL games there this season and to call it half-empty is an outright lie. You're wrong on the atmosphere too. The Green Brigade has added to that and keeps the rest of the ground more involved than they might be, but that's not the same as Man City having no atmosphere at all. Other than that they need to start thinking about the impact their actions has on the club. They know flares aren't allowed and this has overshadowed an otherwise excellent display at that game.

Edited to add: point me to where I have even suggested that the financial gap between Celtic and other Scottish clubs is a good thing or where I've 'cried' about the gap between us and others in Europe.

Edited by MungoChutney

It's a moot point anyway. "Big" teams in the British Isles always have crap atmospheres in home games. Old Trafford is a tourist trap. The Etihad is a morgue. That's before you even look at the London clubs, of which Chelsea probably have the best atmosphere which is a damning indictment. Anfield is maybe an exception. Celtic Park and Ibrox can produce some of the best atmospheres in Europe when they are full and it's an important game - but would you get excited about playing shite like Motherwell, Hamilton, Livingston or St Johnstone every week?

1 hour ago, Murtz said:

Wait.. Why are Wrexham in the Scottish Cup? I know we have Welsh teams in the English comps but is that now open to Scottish comps too?

It's the Scottish Challenge Cup. The equivalent of the Leasing.com trophy. Irish, Welsh and English teams now invited to generate some interest.

1 hour ago, Murtz said:

Wait.. Why are Wrexham in the Scottish Cup? I know we have Welsh teams in the English comps but is that now open to Scottish comps too?

Bit similar to the EFL Trophy, they started with having U21 sides for the Premier League clubs then last couple of seasons have invited 2 sides each from Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland plus the two highest ranked teams not promoted from the National League