Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I fucking hate that poxy Fields of Athenry song. I really do. Load of nonsense. It's like the International Football equivalent of Auschwitz-Birkenau from the Schindler's List soundtrack. 

Genuine question: what would you prefer, if anything? I ask because I've been wondering about what's behind the "unofficial 2nd national anthems" of various countries, like 500 Miles for Scotland, Waltzing Matilda for Australia, The Northwest Passage for Canada, etc. I know most Irish I've spoken to are fed up to the back teeth with Danny Boy, and it seems to be the same for The Fields Of Athenry too. The Irish have a wealth of songs, but aside from On Raglan Road/Fainne Geal an Lae I can't think of many that would be considered as anthemic and could be sung on the terraces.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As a resident potato wog, Come Out Ye Black And Tans will suit just fine. And Thank you to Liverpool for making the Athenry song even worse. 

Interesting. I'd have thought that'd be considered problematic, particularly if Ireland were to play Scotland or Norn Iron?

20 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I ask because I've been wondering about what's behind the "unofficial 2nd national anthems" of various countries, like 500 Miles for Scotland, Waltzing Matilda for Australia, The Northwest Passage for Canada, etc.

Calm your jets there mate, there's no one wanting the fucking Proclaimers near the national anthem of Scotland. Christ.

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

Calm your jets there mate, there's no one wanting the fucking Proclaimers near the national anthem of Scotland. Christ.

I keep hearing how it's the "unofficial second anthem of Scotland" from Scots. I know the official one is Flower Of Scotland. What would you personally consider (if anything)?

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I keep hearing how it's the "unofficial second anthem of Scotland" from Scots. I know the official one is Flower Of Scotland. What would you personally consider (if anything)?

From who though? The majority of sane-minded Scotland fans are happy enough with what we have at the moment. It's only after a few beers that we start hearing about the Proclaimers. It's truly a terrible song.

Edited by David

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Is your source Grado?

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

From who though? The majority of sane-minded Scotland fans are happy enough with what we have at the moment. It's only after a few beers that we start hearing about the Proclaimers. It's truly a terrible song.

As wrong as I've been on so many things, I genuinely have heard that a lot from various Scots (mainly in London), and haven't heard anything to the contrary. Perfectly happy to be corrected, it's why I asked the original questions in the first place.