Stuff everyone likes

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I always feel like the GoldenEye ageing argument must derive from how outdated the control scheme in particular came in the wake of subsequent console shooters. Halo usually gets credited with changing the game, but TimeSplitters done it a year before and I'm sure a few Dreamcast ports also had an approximation of what we're more used to today.

Going back to that N64 scheme can be tough, and if it controlled more like today's shooters I still think it would be as fun as Mario Kart 64 for most people. Never got the whole thing with graphics ageing, similar to how I don't think Scooby-Doo has aged. They're all cartoons. Old games involved a wonderful piece of filling in between their tech limited aesthetic and your own imagination that's all but lost in big budget titles today. 

Point being GoldenEye is sexy and the only people who didn't love it at the time were PlayStation acolytes who couldn't handle the big boy controller. 

I never really liked Goldeneye. It was (and can be) fun with three mates but so is kicking a can in an alley way or bouncing a ball of a kerb. The graphics are fine, it's just the control scheme is shoddy. At times it feels loose and unresponsive, so it was just never that fun.

Halo, however, was my jam! And Time Splitters 2, but more so Halo. Me and my friends could (and have) played those games from morning until the early hours of the next day. They've also aged wonderfully, but then again I'm talking about multiplayer and, in fairness, the same rule that I applied to Goldeneye applies to the Halo franchise too.

27 minutes ago, PSF said:

Mashed Potatoes. 

No. I always make sure to drown this horrid sludge in gravy whenever I have a roast, and I'll eat it first just to get it out of the way. You won't see me going near that pot during a carvery either. Gross, on every level.

24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sandwiches

Yes. If I wasn't living with my partner, and thus having to cook food for each other, I would be living off sandwiches for lunch and dinner.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

the Toy Story series.

does anyone actively dislike Toy Story?

I don't really like Toy Story 3. I'm not a big fan of Pixar in general despite liking cartoons way more than most people my age, that's probably one for the unpopular opinions thread though.

• Paid Members

Here's my list of things that cant be disliked. Even if you dont think you like then, wrap yourself into it and you'll end up loving them.

Sonic 2 for the Megadrive.

Alan Partridge.

Documentaries about films that arent particularly good on their own.

Rik Mayall.

The first Guns n Roses album

Marcus from Big Brother falling over and two footing his Mam.

Jo Guest.

90% of the teams in Euro 96.

Songs so good even the artist being a nonce cant stop you listening to them (Rock n Roll Christmas, anything by Led Zepplin etc.)

Bob Mortimer.

That Debbie Downer sketch from Saturday Night Live where they cant stop laughing.

Total Recall (1990)

A Cockney Walkabout.

Trailers at the start of old VHS tapes.

John Lydon on I'm a Celebrity

Norm McDonald and his ability to fuck every big chance at stardom he's ever gotten.

Tommy and Pam fucking on a boat.

Goldberg vs Brock in that 4 minute belter.

Archived