The Tech Thread

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

I stopped using AdBlock Plus as it seemed to be less effective than it used to be on YouTube. uBlock Origin works better for me.

Maybe the wrong thread but, I sent my PS5 to a repair shop because I believe the HDMI is faulty. The screen goes black and then says No Signal, Like there's well no signal. And once it went bright pink. The lad in there yesterday said it may be the GPU failing, But I don't think it is. I'm dreading having to find £300 for a new PS5. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

YouTube vanced is dead on mobile now unfortunately. It was great while it worked! It's not supported/ being developed anymore, would be surprised if it still works on stick.

Try YouTube Revanced. No idea if it works with fire sticks etc. 

I'm using SmartTube Beta on my Fire stick and aside from blocking ads it has a bunch of features that should have been in the official app, making it more on par with the desktop browser version or even exceeding it with far more options to block things like video sponsors or intros etc.

I can use my YT account on it, too.

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've used it to write/rewrite basic song lyrics for me, that I've then tweaked. 

For example, I got it to write two extra verses to "Holding Things Together" by Merle Haggard, which is a lovely (if very sad) little song but is only Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus so comes up rather short for a solo acoustic performance. With very little prompt, it delivered me two half decent that scanned & fit the story, with just a little human tweaking required. 

One of my direct reports at work "creatively" used it to write their mid-year review statement. They were astounded that I noticed about 10 words in, when I was just having their goals parroted back at me in slightly odd language that said person definitely wouldn't use!