Wrestlers you have an irrational dislike of

RedRooster

7 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Brian Kendrick. Barely seen a good match of his, much less than the rest of the 'underpushed' cruisers anyway. Built like a weed. Had some bad gimmicks in WWE and TNA. Heard he was good on his last WWE run but didn't see it. He's meant to be a miserable sod, too. 

I really enjoyed his first WWE run, particularly his match with Kurt Angle.

I enjoyed his 2008 push on Smackdown too as ‘The’ Brian Kendrick.

Ever since he performed under that awful ‘guru’ gimmick in TNA I’ve felt similarly to you. I can’t and don’t enjoy anything he does. I’m not sure why exactly. There’s no obvious reason other than a hangover effect from TNA.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alberto Del Rio. Although I don't think it's an irrational dislike given his antics in the past few years. Had sympathy for him after the fiasco that got him fired from WWE during his first run with the company, then the stuff with Paige just convinced me (and probably everyone else) that he's a bit of an arse.

• Paid Members

Eli Drake, Alberto Del Rio, Mr Anderson, Shelly Martinez for some reason, Chris Adams, Matt Morgan, Chris Harris, Matt Bentley, The Naturals, Thrasher of the Headbangers (but not Mosh.) I hated all these people prior to actually getting a reason to dislike them. Always thought Henry Godwinn was a cunt, and I have no idea why.

I hated "The Renegade" Richard Wilson as well. Even when he died I shouted "I dont believe it."

• Paid Members

In my mind there's never been anything irrational about all the wrestlers I've hated. Right back to Adam Bomb, who seemed to have the same fucking match for about 189 Superstars in a row. Jack Evans looked like the sort of hilarious bastard who would ruin your game of footy at lunch break if he didn't get a penalty by picking it up and booting it into the gardens. Konnan threw his shoe at people. Baron Corbin had no right being on telly with that hairline. All perfectly rational.

• Paid Members

Adam Bomb had about 900 squash matches, got a fucking tattoo of his gimmick name and then did a job for the 123 Kid in a Survivor Series match and then got squashed by Earthquake in about 20 seconds at Mania. Well done building him up. Oh and Diesel took his finisher. Absolute waste of time.

Honestly Bryan Clarke might be the man with the most wins without doing anything of note. He went a year in WCW winning matches without ever being in a storyline. Then Nash beat him on a random Nitro. His first big run really came in 2000 with Kronik, which only lasted about 6 months really.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Adam Bomb had about 900 squash matches, got a fucking tattoo of his gimmick name and then did a job for the 123 Kid in a Survivor Series match and then got squashed by Earthquake in about 20 seconds at Mania. Well done building him up. Oh and Diesel took his finisher. Absolute waste of time.

Drove me mad. Then sometimes he'd get a fucking repeat on Wrestling Challenge. Or maybe it was a different match, who could tell.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Konnan threw his shoe at people. 

I threw a samba at the son of a local landlord on my birthday a few weeks ago when he'd declared I'd had enough so I'm pro-konnan. Me and Matt are still cool though. Apparently it was a more joking throw meant to miss than the "you threw it at his fucking head" that the wankers I hang around worth told me to wind me up and make me feel guilty for two days. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Matt Morgan

Doesn't he have a reputation as the nicest guy going, despite being a total dullard in the ring? Was it him who retired to look after some children and run for his local council in the end?

7 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Chris Jericho for me. I absolutely can't stand him. I don't know if he's "working his gimmick" but I feel that he isn't and he is just an arrogant bastard, IMO.

He's always had an air that he thinks he's much better than he is. That's not to say he's not great, but his books really hammered home how colossal his opinion of himself is.

Flash Morgan Webster for me. 

He's a great performer and does some superb stuff in the ring.

I just cannot stand his gormless, mouth always open like Peter Beardsley, simple face. And performing in stripy pants that are a size or two too tight and look to split at any moment. 

Not irrational when I read that back but it's just nice to vent. 

Archived