Wrestlers you have an irrational dislike of

RedRooster

• Paid Members

I agree on Callihan, for many of the same reasons. He's at the point now where I'm actually less likely to watch/attend a show if he's booked, and there's at least one show this year I've not bothered with now because of him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll third Callihan. If I didn't have a reason to stop watching Impact, his reckless wrestling, disgusting spitting* and just all round dreg was enough. I honestly cannot even follow it knowing he is there. The absolute pits and would love to know what the appeal is.

*To be fair this is why I think Rick and Morty is overated. I cannot stand the drool and constant burping. Puts me on edge.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Again, though - with all the reasons given, disliking Callihan isn't irrational?

Your probably right, it's just that he does seem popular and I don't get why. Or maybe I am wrong, and he is not as popular as I think

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Again, though - with all the reasons given, disliking Callihan isn't irrational?

Well it kinda is irrational, because he's this popular wrestler who's quite capable of putting on decent performances. All the stuff like the spit and attitude and the way he conducts himself is why is he has quite a following, so myself finding everything about him really off-putting makes it irrational, especially considering that I'm a giant indie wanker. 

I used to really like him too, but he's been unbearable since he got released from NXT all those years back.

In ring, I quite like Callihan, but ever since I saw him on an episode of Straight Shoot I've been thoroughly convinced that he's the worst kind of obnoxious arsehole.

Similarly I can't get behind Moose due to  him constantly fucking around with his vape pen on the same podcast.

I'll always hate Cody Rhodes solely for his early career look of tiny tights, boots and no fucking knee pads, with his disgusting chicken legs. He's been in long tights for ages now but I still zone out when he's on, mostly for that reason, but also because he's a dullard.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Austin Aries is hardly an irrational dislike. The man is an utter pillock these days with no redeemable qualities and is an embarrassment on social media. He's average in-ring too and hasn't had a memorable performance since he beat Joe for the ROH title back in 2004

That's good to hear, as last time I said I couldn't stand him on here I was chastised for not "getting him" by more than a few.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Is he fuck. He's a manky bastard who has little talent for anything bar looking like he's filthy and a dangerous worker.

He's booked everywhere and has a sizable social media following. Unfortunately, he is quite popular. No idea why.

• Paid Members

Rey Mysterio.

I can acknowledge that he's a great wrestler but he comes across as being desperate to be liked, which just has the opposite effect on me. His "Eddie Guerrero" title run was one of the most pathetic things in wrestling history. Who accepts a title like that? Same with his previous storyline about Eddie Guerrero being Rey's son's "real Dad" because Rey has weak sperm. At the time, I thought it was someone taking the piss out of him, but apparently it was his idea. Imagine pitching that to "the Genetic Jackhammer" Vince McMahon?

While those are valid reasons to dislike someone, I don't seem to hold anyone else to the same standards. I don't hold the "Eddie stuff" against anyone else that was involved in it (Chavo, Orton or even the company itself) or people who've taken part in other tasteless angles - I don't dislike Paige or Charlotte for the horrible Reid Flair thing. In fact, his willingness to take part in tasteless angles is one of the reasons I fucking love Mark Henry. He just didn't give a fuck.

A really irrational one is Hannibal. The first time I heard of him was when he booked Tommy Dreamer for a show and then shot on him. I know now that it was a work and, on reflection, it was pretty obvious at the time. but I still have a bizarre dislike for him as a result. It's not like I'm even a big fan of Tommy Dreamer either.

I'd like think that my dislike of certain wrestlers isn't really irrational as I usually have a reason for disliking them.

Hulk Hogan for the end of WrestleMania IX.

Shawn Micheals as I'm a Bret Hart fan.

Baron Corbin coz he's shit.

Brian Kendrick. Barely seen a good match of his, much less than the rest of the 'underpushed' cruisers anyway. Built like a weed. Had some bad gimmicks in WWE and TNA. Heard he was good on his last WWE run but didn't see it. He's meant to be a miserable sod, too. 

Archived