Wrestlers you have an irrational dislike of

RedRooster

I'll get Jack Evans out of the way first. While I don't think it's irrational to dislike his wrestling or even his look it probably is irrational to dislike everything about the way he moves. He could walk down the street and my skin would crawl. It's completely irrational, he's probably an alright bloke, but I can't help it. 

I'd argue that disliking Seth Rollins isn't irrational. If you're in the bubble of his fandom you probably don't notice it but step outside and look at him coldly and he's a CAW where someone can't decide on a gimmick or nickname for him. He's never designed a building nor killed any kings. Game of Thrones fan isn't a character. Some people dont get a chance to be anybody. Seth has and my response is still "what the fuck is a Seth Rollins?" 

All of Generation Next. They did have very apt names though. They're about as threatening as blokes called Roderick, Alex, Autin and Jack would be. Still, there's a very lauded match Shelley and Aries had in RoH that I really really disliked. I've liked worse matches. I don't think I could tell you why I disliked it so much though. Hence I'm putting it down as irrational even if it might be justified.

Then there's wrestlers I've liked but taken a dislike to at some point in their career. I liked Christian, enjoyed Captain Charisma and was with everyone loving him in that period but the second the top belt was in him I no longer cared for him. He became that really cool wrestler I'd like to see more of to that midcard guy I'm a second rate promotion or punching above his weight. It wasn't just the booking either. 

Edge was the same for me to an extent. I loved white meat babyface Edge but Rated R Superstar bored me. I know he was meant to be dislikable, though most people loved him at the time, but it wasn't wanting to see him beat but being apathetic to most of what he did. I so wish he'd won the belt as a babyface for the first time though. 

My dislike of Punk is a bit irrational to an extent to. Sure he comes across as an arsehole but he's hardly alone in that. And I respect him for getting out of something he clearly hated. I even respect him for getting over the whole Voice of the Voiceless gimmick which was far more ridiculous, patronising and preposterous than Cena writing "JBL is poopy". But he got it over and I'm sure he was smart enough to know it was bollocks. He got over this narrative about him being held down which I go back and forth with as to whether even he believed that. And though I thought he was terrible at the end I should, rationally, respect him if he comes back, gets a fuck ton of money from the 'E and his big Mania match and then piss off again. And I did like Punk when he first came in and before then. But despite all those reasons for rationally liking the bloke I still have an irrational dislike of him. Even when he does the Goldberg and comes back as a part timer and wins the belt and finishes on his terms I'll dislike him for it while I loved Goldberg for it and not just because be anywhere as good as Goldberg was. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, stevieg1980 said:

Flash Morgan Webster for me. 

He's a great performer and does some superb stuff in the ring.

Does he, though? To me it always looks like his opponents are doing all the work even when he’s on offence. Doesn’t come across like he’s got the leg strength or the arm strength for any of his moves and the other guy’s really clearly flipping themselves around as a result.

Might be an easy answer not sure, but;

Dolph Ziggler.

I just find him incredibly irritating and annoying. I FF through p.much any time he's on screen. I admit there's the odd match of his I like, like the one against Bryan from a few years ago, but I just can't stand him.

Edited by zep81

Tito Santana for me, I never liked him when I was younger and thought his matches were boring. I always use to think he was living on past glories by wearing his Strike Force trunks (or tight) and seemed jealous of Martel, as he always use to attack or go for Martel in Royal Rumble's or Batttle Royals, despite the team breaking up some time previously.

When he became El Matador, it was more of the same but became tolerable because of Bobby Heenan's comments and slide remarks against him. I honestly think I would not have watched WWF if Santana had bacame champion as was rumoured.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Tito Santana for me, I never liked him when I was younger and thought his matches were boring. I always use to think he was living on past glories by wearing his Strike Force trunks (or tight) and seemed jealous of Martel, as he always use to attack or go for Martel in Royal Rumble's or Batttle Royals, despite the team breaking up some time previously.

When he became El Matador, it was more of the same but became tolerable because of Bobby Heenan's comments and slide remarks against him. I honestly think I would not have watched WWF if Santana had bacame champion as was rumoured.

Can't disagree with this, always found him completely dull during that run. Never saw much of him during his early run or Strike Force, but that El Matador era? Fast-forward time.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

Flash Morgan Webster for me. 

He's a great performer and does some superb stuff in the ring.

I just cannot stand his gormless, mouth always open like Peter Beardsley, simple face. And performing in stripy pants that are a size or two too tight and look to split at any moment. 

Not irrational when I read that back but it's just nice to vent. 

Got the Worlds Collide thing on ATM and was just coming into the thread to post pretty much exactly this.

Except the bit about him being a great performer & doing superb stuff in the ring. He's just plain awful.

'Gash' Morgan Webster I call him.