Wrestlers you have an irrational dislike of

RedRooster

11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I don't think that's irrational. Everything she's said and done in the public eye "behind the scenes" makes her seem like a really unpleasant person.

Fair play, as I said, i think its more me not being able to seperate the fighter and the person.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

Fair play, as I said, i think its more me not being able to seperate the fighter and the person.

Ah, sorry - I see what you mean, the actual wrestling character. 

• Paid Members

Austin aries & Pete Dunn, they fill me with such mild irritation I never enjoy anything they do. Every one says how great they are but I'd actively switch over the TV or nip to the bar than feel I have to endure seeing them on a show. I can't really critique them too much in any constructive way, just they both seem a combination of boring cunt and irritating twat. 

They provoke the same in me as Davey Richards, but that's not irrational and is completely justified as he's a shitehawk. 

Rollins. Just find everything about him irritating. His stupid face, his stupid laugh, his stupid outfits, his crap nicknames, his crap music, his crap catchphrase. He's one level above that twerp Ziggler on the shitometer. 

Finn Balor, as I've said before.  Since he first turned up in NXT I've been waiting for it to click.  Hugely athletic but his matches are just completely devoid of story for me.  His gormless, shit-eating grin Raw incarnation is particularly dull.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, and clearly the ladies and chaps think he's sexy a.f. but he's always a match I FWD through.

I suppose the easiest answer is Roman Reigns. Presuming 'irrational' in this context means people we see quality in but still can't get behind, it's him more than anyone. I've loved some of his matches, he's got a great look, he's definitely got some kind of charisma, but I still can't quite get behind him fully. It's hard to imagine ever actively rooting for him.

Other potential answers feel more rational to me, but I know a lot of people here like or have liked Elias. I can't stand him. To me, he's time-suck garbage who has managed to take up more minutes on Raw in the last year than almost anyone without ever being involved in anything compelling. He's got a good, quick line occasionally, sure, and he reacts well to the crowd, but the return rate for how much he's featured is wildly disproportionate. I hear that opening guitar strum and I sigh every time, resigned to ten minutes of achingly slow, barely-wrestling content that will lead nowhere interesting.

Randy Orton. Super bland character, rubbish on the mic, no real depth to him really - just a good finisher. His titan tron winds me up too - looks like it's been done by a ten year old. 

Don't really get how he's been so successful.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, AVM said:

Randy Orton. Super bland character, rubbish on the mic, no real depth to him really - just a good finisher. His titan tron winds me up too - looks like it's been done by a ten year old. 

Don't really get how he's been so successful.

a) That's not irrational - apart from the titan tron bit.

b) He's a big, good looking dude, great athlete, great body, work as smooth as silk, good talker. He's bored me at times but it would be crazy to suggest it's a surprise that he's made it. Especially in his early years when his mic work was fantastic and he was gassed to fuck. He's like a prototype for a Vince hard-on.

I love Randy. I love how little he gives a fuck. He doesn't cry or complain. He doesn't demand anything. He just turns up, RKOs someone and cashes his big fat cheques. That bit on Smackdown this week where he pretended to be blinded by the light was amazing. There's a brilliant bit on last week's SCG podcast (Mania build ups) where talk turns to Randy and they express this better than I could. It cracked me up @Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Randy Orton is a big one for me in that, objectively, I could break down his matches and point out every great thing he does, and why he's one of the best in the world. But put it all together and I actually just don't give a shit. Outside of going at Jeff Hardy's ears with a screwdriver, I can't remember the last time I didn't find him incredibly dull.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Austin aries & Pete Dunn, they fill me with such mild irritation I never enjoy anything they do. Every one says how great they are but I'd actively switch over the TV or nip to the bar than feel I have to endure seeing them on a show. I can't really critique them too much in any constructive way, just they both seem a combination of boring cunt and irritating twat. 

They provoke the same in me as Davey Richards, but that's not irrational and is completely justified as he's a shitehawk. 

Austin Aries is hardly an irrational dislike. The man is an utter pillock these days with no redeemable qualities and is an embarrassment on social media. He's average in-ring too and hasn't had a memorable performance since he beat Joe for the ROH title back in 2004.

Personally, I can't stand Sami Callihan. His whole demeanor and attitude, and thus the people who worship him, comes cross like some edge-lord wanker. The business where he's constantly spitting is so fucking gross and needlessly shit. He never did himself any favours with the Eddie Edwards incident either and his continued march into the glowing sea of shitearsey is further worsened by his self-given nickname of 'THE DRAW'.

But he's still booked and still has an army of fans, and generally speaking bell-to-bell he knows what he's doing, so it's probably just me.

Archived