All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is Mike actually any good? Has he been screwed over? Haven't seen anything outside of WWE.

As said above, he’s fine. He doesn’t do anything flashy so at times he’s forgettable. But he’s not shit. Perfectly fine and a good lower midcarder. 

10 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is Mike actually any good? Has he been screwed over? Haven't seen anything outside of WWE.

I don't know if he's been screwed over, but definitely deserves a good spot in my opinion and if he was released I'm sure that AEW, ROH and Impact would be keen to bring him in. He worked his way up the card in ROH for years, is a former IWGP tag team champ and I liked his Miracle gimmick in Impact. He does need his wife to help him get over though.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I don't know if he's been screwed over, but definitely deserves a good spot in my opinion and if he was released I'm sure that AEW, ROH and Impact would be keen to bring him in. He worked his way up the card in ROH for years, is a former IWGP tag team champ and I liked his Miracle gimmick in Impact. He does need his wife to help him get over though.

His "Miracle" introduction vignettes were pretty flashy before he went to TNA. I remember a cracking one with a hand coming out the water. It was shot fucking beautifully. Best thing TNA done probs.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

His "Miracle" introduction vignettes were pretty flashy before he went to TNA. I remember a cracking one with a hand coming out the water. It was shot fucking beautifully. Best thing TNA done probs.

To give them their due, TNA were great when it came to vignettes and video packages. The Kurt Angle reveal was done really well, but my favourite one was them backmasking spoilers into an opening PPV package. Stuff such as giving away that Rhyno was going to debut that night and announcing their TV deal with Spike, and the ludicrous claim of "Vince fears Jeff Jarrett".

Edited by Accident Prone

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Nobody should ever be allowed on Wrestling TV with a name like Mike Bennett. As mentioned, he's OK just forgettable. Everything from his name to his look to his work is so bland.

Maria though. Asset to any company.

Unless we get a return to Superstars style squash matches. He’d fit right in with Ken Raper, Dusty Wolfe, Tony Roy, Chris Duffy, Jake Steele et al

17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Nobody should ever be allowed on Wrestling TV with a name like Mike Bennett. As mentioned, he's OK just forgettable. Everything from his name to his look to his work is so bland.

Maria though. Asset to any company.

Is the name Mike Bennett any worse than being called Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins? I may be oblivious to something, but they all sound equally poor wrestler names to me. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

Is the name Mike Bennett any worse than being called Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins?

Or Dolph fucking Ziggler????

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Is the name Mike Bennett any worse than being called Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins? I may be oblivious to something, but they all sound equally poor wrestler names to me. 

Sami Zayn is different. With you on the others. So little imagination.

Dolph Ziggler is terrible but is at least memorable.

• Paid Members

90% of wrestling names are terrible, really. It's just that we get used to them over time. WALTER is an absolute joke of a name, but people overlook it because he's good and has presence. Cody is even worse. Shit names arn't anything to be worried about.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

90% of wrestling names are terrible, really. It's just that we get used to them over time. WALTER is an absolute joke of a name, but people overlook it because he's good and has presence. Cody is even worse. Shit names arn't anything to be worried about.

I mean, if we hadn't heard them almost every day of our lives, how shit do "The Rock" and "Triple H" sound in the cold light of day?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I mean, if we hadn't heard them almost every day of our lives, how shit do "The Rock" and "Triple H" sound in the cold light of day?

By wrestling standards, both uber cool.

You can have a shit name if you're great. When you've got no presence, no gimmick and mediocre work then having the name of an extra in Hollyoaks is a killer.

Stand out.