All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Winston said:

He's massively restricted by the PG product.

No he's not. If he can only get over on a 14 rated product (or whatever the classification is) then he's not good enough. He doesn't have to say 'fuck' and 'bugger' in his promos in order to portray a compelling character for adults in invest in.

• Paid Members

Lets not assume that Ambrose is leaving to join AEW or *laughs* ROH or Impact. I reckon there's a chance that he'll leave the biz all together, at least for a long while. Then he'll be hounded by the same people who constantly tweet CM Punk asking him to comeback. 

2 hours ago, Winston said:

He's massively restricted by the PG product. Would be cool to see what he can do with the shackles off

Exactly the same, but now he gets to say “ass” and “shit”

And also, didn’t he try and use a chainsaw in his match with Lesnar?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He's done some movies for WWE, hasn't he? Might be looking at dipping his toes in that industry. I think he could do alright for himself in acting.

I guess any wrestler that gets a chance to do an acting role should really grab it with both hands. I don't know very much about what level of role or how many of them you need to do, but whatever it takes to get in the Screen Actor's Guild, is certainly an avenue to pursue, I would have thought.

The pension, health care benefits and so on that they provide compared to the non-existent benefits in the wrestling business would be a big win for a lot of the guys and girls. Even if it's just temporary as a safety net before going back to wrestling. However like I said, I'm not sure if there are much bigger road blocks to getting into the SAG and staying in it than I'm aware of. 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

He's done some movies for WWE, hasn't he? Might be looking at dipping his toes in that industry. I think he could do alright for himself in acting.

Fuck knows why but I now have a real vivid image of him turning up in Riverdale as a Southside Serpent, Jugheads long lost uncle or some such.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I hope he takes his wife with him. She's fucking dreadful on commentary. I'm taking Art Donovan, Mark Madden, Don West when he first started. Unreal.

One of the biggest letdowns in recent times that. Superb backstage interviewer was sure to be a hit on commentary. Universally approved decision with extra #meToo points. 

And she turns out to be jaw-droppingly awful behind the desk. 

In an era where they're struggling to make mega stars and can barely throw together an interesting men's WrestleMania main event, could be argued everyones being restricted by the PG product now. Talents are shackled and being fed shit.

Edited by Winston

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Winston said:

In an era where they're struggling to make mega stars and can barely throw together an interesting men's WrestleMania main event, could be argued everyones being restricted by the PG product now. Talents are shackled and being fed shit.

You're an idiot.

1 minute ago, Winston said:

What difference would it make if the product wasn't PG to making a Mega Star?

Allowing someone to Swear every now and then won't automatically turn them into a Mega Star 

Hogan the biggest Mega Star of all Time was really restricted by that PG rating wasn't he??  

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Winston said:

What does any of that have to do with PG? How many megastars have there been that were free of these PG shackles you speak of?

5 minutes ago, Winston said:

Hogan, Warrior, Savage - all worked a ‘PG Product’, which was much more ‘PG’ than it is now and all become household names. Everyone knows who they are to this day