Movie Fighting with my family full trailer out feb

knightmare

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
29 minutes ago, knightmare said:

tbh guys i have seen it couple of times now very happy with it dont have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy it and it dont take the piss out of the business.

You got to be pleased with the casting as well 😉

Off to see it in 2 hours, cannot wait

According to Box Office Mojo, it’s limited release (4 theatres) made $138,780, and it’s grossed $8,495,278 on its first 12 days in the US and placed at #4 on the chart behind How To Train Your Dragon 3, Lego Movie 2 and Alita: Battle Angel. 

Still yet to open in a lot of markets, but a respectable start.

• Awards Moderator

All being well we'll see it at the weekend. I'm looking forward to it because I know the story, other half's looking forward to it just because she thinks it looks good. The advertising for it's plastered all over the buses in Edinburgh so hopefully if the same effort's put in across the country that'll translate to decent box office. 

• Paid Members

I think it will do great. Whenever the trailer has popped on at the cinema, I've noticed it getting a good reaction, whether that be people chuckling along or hearing folk say "that looks good"/"fancy seeing that?" etc. It stands out because a lot of trailers are just met with patient indifference while everyone sits about for 20 minutes waiting for the film to start.

• Paid Members

Just got in from this. Really enjoyed it, and didn’t do anything “hokey” when it came to presenting the wrestling. The chatter from the people in the row behind me was positive when the lights came up as well, so doesn’t seem to just be appealing to wrestling fans or those who knew the Knights before seeing it.

• Paid Members

Just got home from watching it. Really enjoyed it, echo johnnyboy's comments regarding the guy that played Zak. Florence Pugh was also very good. It was so much better than I thought it would be, I thought it did wrestling a great service.

SPOILER- I was pleased to see the real Ricky wearing an Arsenal shirt during the end credits, that's more like it. Suck that @Fatty Facesitter 😘

Sadly its not being released in Vietnam for some reason possibly as the SE Asian market have very little knowledge of pro wrestling and WWE let alone the Knight Family in the UK unfortunately. Really want to see it though as its going to be surreal seeing a family so synonymous with my Wrestling fandom back to even the first few shows I went to as a spotty teenager probably annoying Ricky and other family member while they tried to enjoy a pre-show coffee in the lobby as the BIC had the worst backstage facilities ever apparently.  Fond memories of those times, thanks for your patience Ricky!

Archived