Movie Fighting with my family full trailer out feb

knightmare

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with the already mentioned Roy Knight, Zak Knight, Dave Mastiff, and Jody Fleisch; I noticed Kip Sabian getting a lot of screen time during those Performance Center scenes, Andy Simmons & Joel Allen stood ringside at one of the shows, and Ruffneck (presumably with some other WAW workers) in the battle royal.

Any others to add to that list?

• Paid Members

Well that was fucking brilliant, IMO.

As a Norwicher/WAW attendee, it was also a pretty surreal cinema experience for me on 3 levels:

1) it being a major motion picture about wrestling

2) having on a couple of occasions said hello to/shaken hands with the majority of the main characters depicted

3) a couple of the locations being about 500 yards away from where I was sat in the cinema.

Additionally to those mentioned above & the obvious 'superstar' ones, I recall spotting:

• Sparkx/Mr. Williams as the referee in the opening tag match
  • Mitchell Starr & Sonny Smasher were the two 'real' WAW wrestlers/trainees I recognised in Zak's training group
  • Nick Barnes was one of the NXT trainees - he's a member of the US military who appeared for WAW when he was stationed over here. Back in the States now.
  • Kosta K & Big Joe were part of the initial WWE tryout group (also in the surreal stakes, there's a strong chance Big Joe was working the door at a pub about 150 yards from where I was sat in the cinema)
  • Vilmann was the wrestler getting dumped out of the battle royal at the Christmas show.
  • "The Lion" Aaron Sharp was stood ringside during one of the WAW training sequences.
  • It was quick, but I think Ricky's elder daughter Naughty Nikki Best/Knight was the midwife when Zak's son was born?
  • The referee in the 'NXT showcase' tag match might have been NXT UK guy Jack Starz?
  • I also think that was real Zak's voice on the answerphone message when Paige calls from the States. (If it wasn't, at that point Jack Lowden's interpretation of Zak's voice moved from pretty damn good to uncanny!)

Additionally, spotted in the credits that Ricky Knight Jr was the wrestling double for Zak, and the double for Paige was a combination of Tessa Blanchard & Xia Brookside.

Archived