VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

1 hour ago, David said:

Up until you decided to become vegan I doubt you gave it much thought either, so pipe down. 

I am though, I also never argued against Veganism before I was. He has spent a lot of time in this thread saying daft things. I don’t really have much time for people to pretend they care about animal welfare while they still directly contribute to animal abuse. 

I've never argued against veganism, just the sort of black/white view of it that you're always trying to push.  The "no true Scotsman" brigade do the spread of veganism no favours.

People are eating less meat, becoming more plant based, whether vegan or vegetarian, and that should be encouraged not shat on.  It's also perfectly possible to be concerned about animal welfare and still be a meat eater, even if you can't wrap your head around it.  I've been a member of Greenpeace longer than you've been alive, been on anti-vivisection rallies, and even a hunt sab once (bunch of nobheads though).  

These issues weren't invented when you turned 18.  Grow up.  I don't expect people to be perfect, but I do expect them not to be hypocritical.  Take a lesson from this wise cokehead:

On 11/7/2018 at 6:29 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

You can oppose animal cruelty without being perfect in every single way.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

A pretty grim account of working in a slaughterhouse.  

Confessions of a slaughterhouse worker https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50986683

There’s a slaughterhouse directly across from my old school, it also sits right next door to a caravan park, never been able to get my head round that one. The smell during the summer was something else and could be picked up a fair distance away, can’t imagine how bad it must have been inside. It’s probably still one of the biggest employers in that town but it was always a particular type of person who worked there. Some of the stories, probably all bullshit, that got bandied about made it sound like a horrendous place to work. One of my good mate’s brother worked there for a while, his job title was a “boner”, that used to give me a chuckle.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

It's also perfectly possible to be concerned about animal welfare and still be a meat eater, even if you can't wrap your head around it.

I don’t think so. Caring about animal welfare while abusing them are very clearly opposite positions aren’t they? There is no middle ground on that. Eating less meat is still directly contributing to animal abuse. Cutting down is great and all, but if you actually cared you would stop. The other stuff you do is good but doesn’t excuse you. Jimmy Saville did loads to help kids after all, doesn’t really excuse the other shit he did though does it? 
You’ve argued plenty against Veganism in this thread. It should be obvious that the words you went back to 2018 to find don’t apply to actually paying for an animal to have its throat slit. Use some common sense for once. 

9 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

@UK Kat Von D Your definition of animal abuse seems to be a lot different to mine. The way you're putting it then Vets could be seen to partake in animal abuse since they have to put down animals. Even though they spend awful lot of their lives helping animals.

Putting an animal that is suffering to sleep is totally different from forcing one into cruel living conditions before slitting its throat to eat. People don’t put their pets to sleep for enjoyment the same way livestock is killed.

I do still smoke non-animal tested brands of cigarettes, even still I know that isn’t perfect for numerous reasons. That’s the kind of imperfections I would have meant in Loki’s quote. The grey area Loki mentioned is for stuff like using brands that have parent companies which are unethical and such. For me it doesn’t include any direct slaughter of animals. 

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Just out of interest, what brand do you smoke? 

Its something I hadn’t considered until a few days ago to be honest.

From what I know American Spirits are the best but I think there are a couple others which are safe. Let me check and get back to you. I’m hopefully setting up a private tobacco grow with some friends sometime this year though to get any impact down to the minimum.

10 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

From what I know American Spirits are the best but I think there are a couple others which are safe. Let me check and get back to you. I’m hopefully setting up a private tobacco grow with some friends sometime this year though to get any impact down to the minimum.

But from what I’ve read, their parent company (Reynolds) does test on animals.

I’m just interested in how as a vegan, you square that off? This isn’t having a go by the way.

21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

But from what I’ve read, their parent company (Reynolds) does test on animals.

I’m just interested in how as a vegan, you square that off? This isn’t having a go by the way.

Yeah I mentioned parent companies and that was the grey area, it’s the same as Tesco selling meat and also selling vegan foods. Pretty impossible to live without there being some kind of connection, but that is why eventually I want to only use my own grown stuff. That’s the best way I can cut it out all together

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Yeah I mentioned parent companies and that was the grey area, it’s the same as Tesco selling meat and also selling vegan foods. Pretty impossible to live without there being some kind of connection, but that is why eventually I want to only use my own grown stuff. That’s the best way I can cut it out all together

V-Cigs? You can have that one for a 5% fee

Edited by Hannibal Scorch