Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UK Kat Von D

VeganMania

Recommended Posts

I tried a vegan sausage roll from Holland and Barrett,  an sos roll it was called in green packaging, it was decent. Though in typical Ralphy fashion I only purchased it as it was reduced to 12p

I'm. Not a tightarse but I do turn the gas off and when  turning my bacon.....! 

Edited by Ralphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my local Holland & Barretts have stopped selling them, used to pick them up along with the pasties on sale late in the day all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding crisps, can’t remember the brand name but there is a company that do a range of lentil, chickpea and quinoa based crisps which are delicious. The salted lentil crisps are incredibly moreish though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Regarding crisps, can’t remember the brand name but there is a company that do a range of lentil, chickpea and quinoa based crisps which are delicious. The salted lentil crisps are incredibly moreish though. 

Aldi do a fair few crisps like that, really nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

I think a focus on sustainable, rotated, efficient farming methods for all crops and livestock is the real key to long term cultural and ecological benefits.

Totally agree, except without the animal abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got a good scrambled tofu recipe? Assuming it's pretty straight forward but not something I've tried before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Anyone got a good scrambled tofu recipe? Assuming it's pretty straight forward but not something I've tried before. 

Not tried them myself, but I saw Matthew Prichard make these on TV a while back and they looked nice.

I did make the baked beans though and they were lovely.

Edited by Slapnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Regarding crisps, can’t remember the brand name but there is a company that do a range of lentil, chickpea and quinoa based crisps which are delicious. The salted lentil crisps are incredibly moreish though. 

Ah Keith, always good for a laugh as always.

I’m used to inhaling multipacks of Wheat Crunchies and you’re talking to me about LENTIL crisps? Fuck off 

@mim731 I just went with this first time I did it. But it depends on what you like with spices and seasoning etc 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/vegan_fried_breakfast_34182

Edited by SuperBacon
I MISS CRISPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a caramel and sea salt galaxy bar from Tesco today, it is very nice. 

My first day went well, only hiccup was dinner which was home made pizza. Did not realise that the puff pastry was not vegan 😖.

I really need to fine a good cheese as well, the one I had was too sweet and got sickly after a few slices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Ah Keith, always good for a laugh as always.

I’m used to inhaling multipacks of Wheat Crunchies and you’re talking to me about LENTIL crisps? Fuck off 

@mim731 I just went with this first time I did it. But it depends on what you like with spices and seasoning etc 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/vegan_fried_breakfast_34182

I assume these are the ones Keith is talking about. The chili and lime ones in particular are fantastic.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/eat-real-chilli-lemon-lentil-chips-60032949

And if you're into the texture of wheat crunchies instead of real crisps they are not too dissimilar.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’ve had them, they are wicked and I’ve had the ones Keith mentioned. I’m just cranky as I’m not used to picking and choosing what crisps I can eat. 

This is worse than when I tried to quit caffeine. Honestly if full fat Coke wasn’t vegan I’d sack the whole thing off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I assume these are the ones Keith is talking about.

That’s the fuckers! Surprised they don’t already stock them in the organic zero carbon footprint street food shack at some wanky new football ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s the fuckers! Surprised they don’t already stock them in the organic zero carbon footprint street food shack at some wanky new football ground. 

Ah, that must’ve been where I had them!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...