Wrestling unpopular opinions

Jacko

32 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Bret Hart was incredibly boring. Most of the matches where people have cited his 'great work' has left me feeling empty and confused.

I loved bret as a teenager he was my hero I loved him and shawn. bret is in my top 5 favourite wrestlers of all time

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Bret Hart was incredibly boring. Most of the matches where people have cited his 'great work' has left me feeling empty and confused.

For my money, his only good singles matches were against Steve Austin and the only other match I can stand him in is the Canadian Stampede 10-man tag. Everything else has been either snooze inducing or just baffling. 

he did not just say that.jpg

WrestleMania 8. Hoosier Dome. Piper vs. Hart. Intercontinental title. A fuggin' movie in a fuggin' match.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

he did not just say that.jpg

WrestleMania 8. Hoosier Dome. Piper vs. Hart. Intercontinental title. A fuggin' movie in a fuggin' match.

Good call actually. Add the Piper match to the good list. Add the other 98% into the bin.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, big7thletter said:

Wade Barrett was a great potential WWE champion and they really should have given him the strap just once!

They would have done if he wasn't injury prone. They planned a MITB for Mania 28 and Barrett was so nailed on to win it that when he got injured, rather than choose a new winner, they scrapped the match.

2 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

The British Bulldog losing to Shawn Michaels at One Night Only was absolutely the right result and no one can tell me otherwise - absolute raw, nuclear heat for HBK that night and it was wonderful to see.

From a business point of view it made perfect sense - they were scheduled to come to Manchester in April where the rematch would have sold out the MEN and done great on PPV, and Bulldog would have won the belt back in front of Lancashire. At least that's how they sold him on dropping the belt in the first place.

• Paid Members

The New Day are unwatchable, until the Bell rings. Then I'll hit Play again. Complete change the channel material for me. 

The shoulder breaker is great move. Whilst the double arm DDT is shite. 

Lex Luger, in his prime, wasn't as bad as many often spout on about. 

Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinnes are not close to the best commentators in the WWE. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Good call actually. Add the Piper match to the good list. Add the other 98% into the bin.

Where we diverge, I guess. Bret fan here.