• Paid Members

During international breaks for the past ten years or so, I play a game when checking the scores where I try and guess who scored. Iceland up 1-0? Gotta be Sigurdsson. Ukraine having a rout? Yarmalenko and Konoplyanka will be dining on lobster tonight.

The closest to a certainty is always Goran Pandev. If North Macedonia score, it can only be him. He's my favourite, with his little McDonald's logo shaped hairline. At 37, today he did it again and in doing so scored the most important goal in their history. He scored the winner to help them qualify for the Euros, their first major tournament. When he leads them out next summer, it'll be 20 years after his international debut. He deserves it.

20201112_212615.jpg.53699da847d93aec2ce3b1985ab05d64.jpg

Absolutely chuffed for him.

2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Pfft, that's nothing. Until the last Euros the only footage of Wales at a major tournament was in black and white. 

(58 years and we were counting!)

I am not anti anyone; football or otherwise.

Would love you to be the next WC. If not for other reason than how we escaped with  the 1974 penalty; and 1986. 

The last EC saw Wales play above their; fantastic, level. Hopefully my country can do so as well.

• Paid Members
Just now, Hugh Thesz said:

Would love you to be the next WC. If not for other reason than how we escaped with  the 1974 penalty; and 1986. 

Joe Jordan is still a cunt btw.

But if only for all the piss taking Scotland got for not qualifying for Euro 2016, am pretty happy to see the Tartan Army get to next year's tournament.

I still hope they sack off this multi-country tournament bollocks. I had flights booked to Azerbaijan for June 2020 where our group is based, but having been to Baku before I'd really prefer not to go all that way again.

• Paid Members

I was thrilled to see Hungary have qualified for the Euros. My mum's dad is Hungarian, so I like to keep an eye on how they're doing. Then I saw who they've got in their group. 

Portugal, France & Germany. A group of death. There'll be some almighty drubbing, but also fantastic matches in that group.