• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Fonseca was the goofy Uruguayan wasn't he? Yeah, I'll give you them.

Yeah. Juventus would stick him on the transfer list immediately on CM 97/98.

21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Raducioiu was shite by the time he came over here, wasn't he?

He was one of those Romanian players who was great for country but shite for club. Plus he went to West Ham, big clue to his shitness.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark E. Smith reads the classified results. Tottenham Hotspur postponed West Ham 1H, Southampton Town, Chesterfield Town, Gillingham Town & of course, Bristol...and League 2 (Continued), presumably from League 1.

Edited by KingofSports

On 5/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, SuperBacon said:

A two part documentary called Especial 20 anos Futbol de Primera has popped up on Netflix, looking back at the programme Futbol de Primera, and has lots of sexy Argentine footage and sexy football shirts dating back to the mid 80's.

It is obviously fantastic.

There's a new episode of this up now which covers 2005-2009. Lovely stuff.

Pleased to see Alexis Sanchez seems to have finally got his shit back together at Inter. He was tremendous until the stupid move to Utd. Something of an assist-machine at the moment. I know he's getting on now, but I wouldn't have wanted his career to be defined by his form of the past 2-3 years. Good for him.

-edit- bang on cue, he adds another.

Edited by KingofSports
info

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It seems like the Crybaby's already burning everything down at Inter to the point he can't continue/can't be allowed to continue in the job. Fucking hell, I love the guy, but he's never ever going to be happy, is he?

Inter have improved massively this year, they/he should be on a high, but the board aren't going to sign every living professional footballer around so = VENDETTA! VENDETTA! VENDETTA!

On 7/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, KingofSports said:

I wouldn't have wanted his career to be defined by his form of the past 2-3 years.

His career should be defined by the time he punched Ivanovic, ended up on the deck himself, and Ivanovic did the "I barely touched him, ref!" arm-raise. Classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Valencia missed out on qualifying for a European competition next season, so with financial restraints upcoming, the whole squad is up for sale except Jose Gaya.

Unai Emery's Villarreal have taken advantage and signed their captain, Dani Parejo on a free and Francis Coquelin for £8m.

What's the thoughts on the 2nd Lyon goal? Ball passed to a Lyon player in a clear offside position, (furthest player upfield) he let's the ball run through his legs. Dembele tangles with Laporte, runs on and scores. Although not touching the ball in a blatant offside position is deemed not involved in play, if you knowingly let it run through your legs, basically doing a dummy, you are involved in play.

Lyon took their chances and rode their luck. Man City didn't take theirs. The Sterling miss was massive for them.

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Top lad 

Any league that finished early last season, as a general rule of thumb is not a top league. And Lyon finished 7th in the league, they're hardly world beaters. They are this seasons Ajax. Bayern will gobble them up, next round.

If the French league is so good, how come Mbappe was the only domestic player in the starting XI for all of France's 2018 World Cup knock-out games.

Obviously we’re not recognising the Champions League as a legitimate competition this year and Liverpool will be the #RealEuropeanChampions for another year at least but I’m loving the single legged tournament format.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to flesh it out in to two legged affairs and made it a regular thing  although it would be a scheduling nightmare.

I don’t take too much pleasure in other teams failures but Coutinho knocking a brace in against Barca and Pep’s transformation in to Arsenal Wenger are two highlights of the tainted competition.