• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Fantastic World Cup.  Plus, you could pick up South Korean and Japanese players for a song in Pro Evo for your Master League team.  Eye-opening.

I can't remember which PES it was, definitely a good few years after the 2002 World Cup, but at one point my first XI was entirely Japanese and South Korean- with exception of Momi Diarra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, the Bundesliga yesterday then. Watched Dortmund-Schalke (I say watched, it was certainly on). Was a decent enough game, with big freak Haaland appearing 8 feet tall again, and Guerreiro scoring a lovely goal with the outside of his foot. Schalke were absolutely toothless with poor Weston McKennie trying to run the whole midfield on his own.

The Dads group was hilarious during it. Lots of "ffs football without fans is nothing" and "We cant be far off canned noise!!!" (I mean there was; at one point a random crowd cheer was inadvertently played and I shit my pants) with lots of angry face emojis. Too funny. Football behind closed doors, whilst not common, isn't exactly a brand new thing is it? So the cries of "This is so surreal" are a bit over the top. 

I liked it personally. I liked hearing the players and the thwonk of the ball, and the net when the goals were scored. I'd take "silence" over Allez Allez Allez and Si Senor fifty fucking times a game.

Although it made me realise I'm really not arsed about any of it returning. It just emphasised that I miss playing shitty 7 a side every week way more than I do watching football. It was fucking stupid and unnecessary. The subs sitting apart was my favourite bit. Absolutely no point in that whatsoever. 

But the Dortmund players clapping the empty stands made up for it. 

ALL UNION BERLIN TODAY AINT WE!!!!!????

• Paid Members

You should've seen that smarmy cunt Geoff Shreeves on Sunday Supplement this morning. His biggest complaint about it? "The celebrations were a bit lame'. Fuck off Geoff, you Ricky Gervais caricature-looking prat.

Screen-shot-2013-10-21-at-2_06.20-PM.png.1cb3a6cc75dc45d80aac3c0a695c73f7.png

Korean.jpg

I've ended up on a live stream of the K league. 

They've got mannequins in the crowd, in what might be the single creepiest thing I've seen so far in this weird new world.