34 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Any league that finished early last season, as a general rule of thumb is not a top league. And Lyon finished 7th in the league, they're hardly world beaters. They are this seasons Ajax. Bayern will gobble them up, next round.

If the French league is so good, how come Mbappe was the only domestic player in the starting XI for all of France's 2018 World Cup knock-out games.

"Show me on the doll where Ligue Un hurt you..."

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

"Show me on the doll where Ligue Un hurt you..."

You can also take in consideration that Ligue 1 have had a 4 month break then warm up matches to get them ready for the Champions League knock out stages. All of the top leagues had an intense schedule of games then straight into the Champions League matches.

5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Obviously we’re not recognising the Champions League as a legitimate competition this year and Liverpool will be the #RealEuropeanChampions for another year at least but I’m loving the single legged tournament format.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to flesh it out in to two legged affairs and made it a regular thing  although it would be a scheduling nightmare.

As a fan of Scottish football I usually like to pretend the latter stages of the Champions League don’t exist, but I’m really enjoying the way they’re doing this.

I’d love to see it continue in future seasons if they can find a way of squeezing it into the football calendar.

38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Scotland's coefficient is lower than the Isle of Man's now, surely. Knew I should have put a tenner on Ferencvaros.

Actually I believe Scotland are up to 14th place in the coefficient. To the point where we will have TWO teams embarrassing themselves in the Champions League Preliminary Qualifying Round next season. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, MrK said:

Actually I believe Scotland are up to 14th place in the coefficient. To the point where we will have TWO teams embarrassing themselves in the Champions League Preliminary Qualifying Round next season. 

Fantastic, I needed cheering up tonight.

So the Messi saga didn't turn out to be a drawn-out affair after all. Pretty lame really. I wanna leave. Well, you can't. Oh, OK then.

He's stuck there, somewhat against his will for another 10 months. If things improve, I guess he'll be happy to stay longer. Just seemed a bit of a hissy fit anyway, because Barca only finished 2nd in the league & didn't reach the UCL semi's. To be fair, they're nowhere near unbeatable these days, but I think all things considered, there are people out there with greater issues to deal with.

Disappointing that he (or those around him) didn't check the 'facts', beforehand. Though, he still believes he should have been able to leave, just isn't prepared to take the club to court. Which considering the past 17 or so years is reasonable.