• Paid Members

Absolute cracker that. I've started sharing these with my father and brother in the family WhatApp group, who are equally as football-starved in these times. Out of curiosity, why fuck Colo-Colo though? I only know of them through betting and warmed to them because of their cool badge and pleasing name but they seem an odd team to hate. 

23 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Absolute cracker that. I've started sharing these with my father and brother in the family WhatApp group, who are equally as football-starved in these times. Out of curiosity, why fuck Colo-Colo though? I only know of them through betting and warmed to them because of their cool badge and pleasing name but they seem an odd team to hate. 

They're the Man United of Chile..oh, wait a minute...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Out of curiosity, why fuck Colo-Colo though? I only know of them through betting and warmed to them because of their cool badge and pleasing name but they seem an odd team to hate. 

Because I support Palestino.

• Paid Members

O'Higgins is still my favourite team name in that league. It's like they got together and were like "what's the least Chilean sounding name we can think of?". In reality they were founded by a Chilean guy who was the bastard son of a chap from Sligo but I prefer my version.

I've always been a bit of a football anorak, spending evenings reading all the league tables on Soccerway but I don't know much about most of the South American teams. Now I have so much time on my hands, might well have to change that. 

As a total aside, given it's the weekend and therefore football time (!), I for one am looking forward to the Belorussian league. Trying to decide on a team but leaning towards Slutsk or Shakhter Soligorsk, purely because of their names. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest