• Paid Members

Just watched that after flicking through the channels and noticing ITV4 were showing it. Cracking goal.

Barca's midfield looked toilet. No Busquets, no Arthur, no Vidal and Rakitic came off the bench. A lot of pressure heaped onto De Jong who had a midfielder even younger than him in Alena and Sergi Roberto alongside him.

Their attacking options aren't particularly deep either, unless they do bring back Neymar (which isn't looking that likely). Griezmann in, but Coutinho and Malcolm out. They're going to have a big fight on their hands this season.

7 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Yeah, when I saw Barcelona finish the game with an attacking axis of Ousmane Dembele, Thiago Alacantara's younger brother and a winger from the B Team, my immediate reaction was also "too many cooks in the kitchen".

Not the point I was making, but good one.

Completely forgot that they'd shipped Malcolm out. Took me a while to remember they'd signed him. Think tonight demonstrated the importance of Busquets in that side. De Jong's got all the technical ability in the world, but it's a tall order asking him to be the pivot in that midfield as you say PunkStep alongside Roberto (who I don't rate very highly) and Alena. Certainly a role he might have to be eased into. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...