The Batshit World of Noel Edmonds

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

My one memory of House Party is the Gotcha of Uri Geller where it turns into a video breakdown of how Geller does the spoon trick by clearly and viscously bending over a table.

Noel exposed Geller better than James Randi.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

My one memory of House Party is the Gotcha of Uri Geller where it turns into a video breakdown of how Geller does the spoon trick by clearly and viscously bending over a table.

Noel exposed Geller better than James Randi.

Uri's greatest trick is the superhuman speed with which he claims copyright on that clip to get it pulled whenever it shows up on Youtube.

• Paid Members

Noel always had that cant keep my laugh in face on all the fucking time on House Party. When you'd have the knock at the door and some celebrity came in, he'd always be grinning away. He would never take a hit or be made fun of. He always had to be the smuggest cunt in the room.

The Gotcha's I could watch all day. Its a study of celebrity. Like Su Pollard in full gimmick talking to her driver, even though nobody is around to see it. Or the old woman from Bread thinking she was getting an award, when in reality its just Noel pissing about.

The one I always remember is Dennis Taylor who thinks he's doing some door to door bullshit for the BBC. Anyway, the "cameramen" leave for a bit, and some woman shows up in her dressing gown, showing a bit of cleavage, and she's flirting with DT. And he's such a gent, he just ignores her completely and keeps telling her to stick to answering questions about whatever he had on his clip board. Lucky that it was Dennis Taylor this happened to. How many BBC personalities would have just said "give me 15 minutes lads, I'm taking this one upstairs." If he'd have tried the same stunt with Dave Lee Travis, he'd have had to destroy the video. Which begs the question, what is Noel playing at? There's some genuine attempts to make these  celebrities look like complete cunts.

I remember a very early Blobby appearance, possibly the first, was Valerie Singleton, And Noel Blobby couldn't keep his hands off her to the point she said "Now leave me be" in a very professional manner, and after the clip, Edmonds was all "Come on, who at my age wouldn't hug Valerie Singleton if they could after growing up with Blue Peter"  It was well creepy.

I also remember Garth Crooks explaining the offside rule and calling Blobby a silly billy as well.  Did Garth ask himself questions so he could answer?  I can't remember.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Which begs the question, what is Noel playing at? There's some genuine attempts to make these  celebrities look like complete cunts.

Particularly ironic when you consider that he got a taste of his own medicine with Brass Eye and then whinged about it.

I know it's not true now, but I remember hearing a rumour at the time that it was the Brass Eye prank that was the final nail in the coffin for NHP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Noel Edmond's apparently joining the I'm a Celebrity campsite as a secret contestant. A secret contestant so secret that we all know about it well in advance.

I can't see him making it a long time without outing himself as a complete weirdo to the nation at large. No wonder he's apparently only agreed to join late. 

Edited by Gus Mears