BritWres Pests

tiger_rick

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I knew Eli for years and never heard anything more substantive from other people who knew him (including those who couldn't stand him) than 'well, he's a bit weird'. Know personal experience doesn't tell all, but myself and several other friends who started out ShitWres training between ages of about 12-16 when Eli was about (and in a position where he likely could have done something had he wanted to) never had any issue whatsoever other than his terrible jokes and general wackyness. 

I have to agree with this post. Eli is not around any more to defend himself & i too am surprised to have not heard anything. He was also welcomed at Wrestlers Reunions, which i fail to believe would have happened to a full on nonce, who everyone was well aware of. 

49 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t think it’s so much of a discussion as it is serval people taking it in turns to explain why you are wrong 

Everyone is innocent unless proven guilty.

Eli is dead and can't even defend himself. 

It's quite worrying that so little is regulated in indy wrestling. It's not transparent and therefor kids should stay away. 

It's also worrying that twitter posts can ruin peoples lives and careers without a fair trial.

Google indexes everything. Employers always do a google search on your name and will read all the dirt even if it eventually turns out be false accusations. The accused have families aswell.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Don't get me wrong here, B-GUM has some issues if he knowingly sends dick pics to a 16-17 year old. However, don't be so easy to dismiss and Judge him.

Yeah, we definitely shouldn't be dismissing a grown man sending unsolicited dick pictures to barely legal teenagers, we're definitely in the wrong here.

25 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Employers always do a google search on your name and will read all the dirt even if it eventually turns out be false accusations. The accused have families aswell.

I'm not sure ALL employers do. And as mentioned before there is usually no smoke without fire so you have to ask yourself that if your messaging underage girls/boys on social media then rightfully its going to come back and bite you on the arse someday.

I've been watching this unfold over the past couple of weeks, and it's both horrifying and  mind numbing at the same time.  The whole defence or defending of Gum or anyone else who's been outed is horrendous, like it's the expected thing when it's anything of the sort. Gum painted himself publically and privately as this wholesome family man, he even broke kayfabe in a match when one of his kids was vociferously attacked at a PCW show. Yet here is 'praying' on a 17 year old, despite being in a long term relationship and supposedly the better man. Mental Health issues or not, there's simply no excuse.

No  person, whether in ring or  based elsewhere should to have to be subjected to this, and its shown with the outings in Football, Gymnastics recently. Unfortunately I suspect that in Wrestling that this is the tip of the iceberg and more is yet to come :(

59 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

A bit like another eccentric who had a thing for badges.  He used to wrestle as well.

Savile has hundreds of victims that have created a picture that is regarded by the authorities are truthful.

To the best of my knowledge, no victims have come forward to accuse Eli of anything & some people who have known him when he was alive are not even aware of any allegations, prior to a few weeks ago. Eli could well have been a massive nonce, but until any evidence comes to light i shall give him the benefit of the doubt.

My experience in the wrestling industry is a good fifteen years old, but quite vivid. I remember being asked if I f****d guys at training, creeping hands, accidentally being walked in on getting ready at shows, questions about my boobs being real (with at least one guy grabbing for a check)and a host of other things. Frequently happening in sight and earshot of my now ex boyfriend. I also remember I was supposed to get "jumped" at one show in the ring and being stiffed because the booker didn't like me (the sight in my left eye was blurred for a few days after). I took it all in stride, it was banter, it was how things were done and I was always under the impression that wrestling is a man's industry and I should be grateful to be allowed in to the party. In hindsight it's shitty, and I know that there were other women, some younger than me that had it harder than I did.

In hindsight it's absolutely unacceptable, I would never have accepted it working in an office. But I went in to it knowing I was tits and ass and a bit of novelty, I was actively told I had no value in a show and was just a distraction. 

I also know from experience that the sleazy ones are the exception and not the rule. I have wrestling friends I haven't seen in a decade  that I still catch up with on social media and for my part believe they are decent blokes. having talked to a lot of female friends and family over the past few weeks about #metoo most of us have a shit list of male colleagues, acquaintances etc to actively avoid and not be alone with. Which is depressing.

It's absolutely unsurprising that people would use pro wrestling as an opportunity to predate on women, men and underage men and women. Is unregulated, no one needs a police check, no one checks references, it's open season. You have to trust relative strangers with your physical well being and that makes you vulnerable.

I'm sure I had a point when I started typing and it's kind of lost now. But the general summary, massively unsurprising it's going on, im pretty sure that a lot worse happens  in the industry that may or may not  come to light. I feel bad for the ladies involved, and some of the responsibility is mine because I never had the guts to say anything stronger than a jokey fuck off.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

It's quite worrying that so little is regulated in indy wrestling. It's not transparent and therefor kids should stay away. 

You talk some fucking shit like.

Football is regulated, didn’t stop Barry Bennell.

The USA gymnastics coach has just been done and sentenced to over 120 years due to abusing over 100 girls.

Whether regulated or not, nasty fucking bastards exist.

Kids should not stay away.. peados should stay away, along with the daft cunts who turn a blind eye.

The one positive to come out of any of this is that you’d think the slinks wouldn’t dare try shit now, how the fuck would they expect to get away with it? Hopefully any outings from now are Firstly very minimal and we’re past the worst (maybe wishful thinking) and secondly are historic, with hope that this lid lifting has done its job.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

46 minutes ago, carolann said:

My experience in the wrestling industry is a good fifteen years old, but quite vivid. I remember being asked if I f****d guys at training, creeping hands, accidentally being walked in on getting ready at shows, questions about my boobs being real (with at least one guy grabbing for a check)and a host of other things. Frequently happening in sight and earshot of my now ex boyfriend. I also remember I was supposed to get "jumped" at one show in the ring and being stiffed because the booker didn't like me (the sight in my left eye was blurred for a few days after). I took it all in stride, it was banter, it was how things were done and I was always under the impression that wrestling is a man's industry and I should be grateful to be allowed in to the party. In hindsight it's shitty, and I know that there were other women, some younger than me that had it harder than I did.

In hindsight it's absolutely unacceptable, I would never have accepted it working in an office. But I went in to it knowing I was tits and ass and a bit of novelty, I was actively told I had no value in a show and was just a distraction. 

I also know from experience that the sleazy ones are the exception and not the rule. I have wrestling friends I haven't seen in a decade  that I still catch up with on social media and for my part believe they are decent blokes. having talked to a lot of female friends and family over the past few weeks about #metoo most of us have a shit list of male colleagues, acquaintances etc to actively avoid and not be alone with. Which is depressing.

It's absolutely unsurprising that people would use pro wrestling as an opportunity to predate on women, men and underage men and women. Is unregulated, no one needs a police check, no one checks references, it's open season. You have to trust relative strangers with your physical well being and that makes you vulnerable.

I'm sure I had a point when I started typing and it's kind of lost now. But the general summary, massively unsurprising it's going on, im pretty sure that a lot worse happens  in the industry that may or may not  come to light. I feel bad for the ladies involved, and some of the responsibility is mine because I never had the guts to say anything stronger than a jokey fuck off.

I also know from experience that the sleazy ones are the exception and not the rule. I have wrestling friends I haven't seen in a decade  that I still catch up with on social media and for my part believe they are decent blokes.

This surely differs from one training school to another?

I traded stories of general sleaze with another pupil (we both started together & quit after six years) within an hour we came up with 20/30 examples of dodginess, which implicated literally everyone who attended regularly ie. promoters/talent/trainees/auxiliary, apart from about three people. Those same same three people are still friends with me today. So i guess without sounding self righteous, the good guys & the bad ones tend to stick together.

• Paid Members

It's a shame there's no body over it all, a sort of council for British wrestling. I mean that's the dream, but anyone trying that would have to have a long term vision and dedication and not just see a quick ploy to sell some overpriced badges or something. If they did that it might really hurt the reputation of the idea for someone who genuinely does try and raise standards later on.

20 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

It's a shame there's no body over it all, a sort of council for British wrestling. I mean that's the dream, but anyone trying that would have to have a long term vision and dedication and not just see a quick ploy to sell some overpriced badges or something. If they did that it might really hurt the reputation of the idea for someone who genuinely does try and raise standards later on.

Is this a dig at Alex Shane's British Wrestling Council ( i am still waiting for green wristband to pop through the letter box :D )

Wrestling will ALWAYS be like the travelling circus. Even Vince McMahon with his $$$$$$$$'s still refuses to acknowledge his wrestlers as employees (yet retains control of where they work????). So if Vince refuses to remove the carny out of wrestling, what chance does British Wrestling stand?

1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

This surely differs from one training school to another?

I traded stories of general sleaze with another pupil (we both started together & quit after six years) within an hour we came up with 20/30 examples of dodginess, which implicated literally everyone who attended regularly ie. promoters/talent/trainees/auxiliary, apart from about three people. Those same same three people are still friends with me today. So i guess without sounding self righteous, the good guys & the bad ones tend to stick together.

I'm not just referring to training, but traveling and doing shows for multiple promotions. I do take your point and can only comment from my experiences.