BritWres Pests

tiger_rick

2 hours ago, robinbobs said:

What’s happened to the Britwres Crusader? The Twitters gone missing

I know they got a 48 hour ban for something over the weekend. Presumably someone they've accused has reported them to Twitter and the ban is now permanent. 

I have been informed on good authority that there are dozens of dodgy characters that are currently looking over their shoulders. 

I hope BritWres Crusader makes a comeback because you need someone to blow the whistle & clean up British Wrestling as soon as possible. I wonder if the holiday camps have been informed as to who their customers are getting exposed to? Do wrestlers have to pass a DBS check?

It was stated on The Stiff Right Hand Podcast over the weekend that they are scaling back their revelations, at least for the time being. It's typical of wrestling, that it has gone soooooooo quiet on Social Media with regards to people standing up & saying how wrong it is. Could you imagine that happening in Football, with the vast majority giving it the "no comment" over the allegations surrounding Barry Bennell

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

No, but why would they need to? Compared to any other job, like working in a shop?

The wrestling school ‘teachers’ should be, but yeah, fully agree with you regarding performers.

Karate and martial arts instructors have DBS, in some cases an enhanced DBS is required.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

It's typical of wrestling, that it has gone soooooooo quiet on Social Media with regards to people standing up & saying how wrong it is. Could you imagine that happening in Football, with the vast majority giving it the "no comment" over the allegations surrounding Barry Bennell

Jesus. Having been reading this thread since it started you’ve actually broken me with this response. 

When everything started pretty much every Wrestler on Twitter came out and stated how disgusted they were with what was going on. And then they moved on. Why? Simple, what more can they actually do? They’ve said their piece and moved on. To use your own analogy footballers players might have mentioned how disgusted they were by Bennell, but they didn’t use every time they had a microphone in front of them or they tweeted to reinforce it.  

Look, what has happened is disgusting and should never, ever have happened, but to demand that every wrestler ever carry it round like a penance is a bit mad.   

51 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

No, but why would they need to? Compared to any other job, like working in a shop?

Because when they work on the camps it is regarded as children's entertainment, hence the sale of foam fingers/masks etc.

I can see the likes of Butlins pulling the plug on wrestling TBH. It somehow survived the ASW "racist" scandal, when they had complaints about the racial stereotyping of a Sheik character on one of their camp shows. The back stabbing nature of wrestling suggests to me that Butlins will have been tipped off about these recent allegations, as there is always jealousy and resentment over contracts and venues. Only time will tell...

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Louch said:

Isn’t a DBS only going to work for anyone who has been convicted of something?

That is correct. An enhanced DBS will have a full criminal record on it and it will have if the person is on the POVA ( Protection Of Vulnerable Adults) list and if they are able to work with children. 

Anyone who works at any other sort of school will be DBS'd so why should wrestling be any different. I umpire cricket. Junior players are not supposed to get changed in the same room as adults and if you are playing an away game junior players have to go with a parent, they are not allowed to travel in a car with other players on their own. Sticking a couple of 15 Year Old trainees in the ring van and driving to a show to put the ring up should be a definite no-no but I know that it goes on. 

• Paid Members

Interesting note somebody made in a response to the Distraction Pieces podcast: sports instructors are soon to be classified in the same way as teachers etc when it comes to the legal definition of "position of responsibility." If applied to wrestling, that would mean the age of consent became 18 for a student with a trainer.