Royal Rumble 2018 Discussion [& stats]

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed both Rumble matches and the big lads beating each other senseless. Ronda was cool to see, but she's so fucking awkward on screen. I'm gonna be watching from behind my hands. 

I barely even watch the YouTube clips these days, so it was a shocker to see how little a fuck people care for Bailey. The crowd was dead for her arrival and she just came off like such a non star.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Does Mysterio showing up at the 'Rumble mean he won't be appearing on the 5* Wrestling (potential) debacles? My son loved the bloke during his first run in WWE and is wanting to go to the Sheffield show just to see him live, but don't want him and his mates to waste their money if he has fucked 5* off.

5 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I remember how the Rumble used to be an hour of nonstop action. I dont remember Rick Martel, Ric Flair, Ted Dibiase etc just staying out the ring or on the floor most of the Rumble to kill time.

That's because they were full of cocaine.

16 minutes ago, Philjax said:

That's because they were full of cocaine.

Plus that 'hour of non stop action' was quite a lot of aimless back clubbing. A large amount of the action in a large amount of the old Rumbles looked like a CPU vs. CPU battle in WWF Warzone. 

The level of action in this years event was probably the best in a 'Rumble ever. It's come with that MITB stink of virtually every move being choreographed, but whatever. 

Both rumbles impressed and better than I thought they’d be. My only issues was in the women’s rumble did McCool really have to have the most elimininations? She hasn’t been active for years and she was never that great. Also seem to give the legends a token elimination. Then The Belles in the final 3 was a disappointment

Rousey pointing at the WM sign 300 times  annoyed me more than it should have. Will be interesting to see how they keep her a goodie in the build up. 

I think in future il only watch the ppv’s in philly, new york or boston, made all the difference. Very enjoyable. Although Nakamora won, it was an underwhelming performance. 

Molly was magnificent, trish looked fit but batterered by cosmtetic surgery, kelly kelly đź‘…......

best ppv i seen in a while.

yeh, no martel or greg valentine performance tho.

22 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Another highlight I just remembered was Saxton straight up telling Graves to shut his gob, when he started with his usual antics during the WWE Title match.

He seemed to tone it down a bit after that.

Yea Graves was really bad last night. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Briefcase said:

But Steph hinted as if it was a Raw surprise which suggests it would favour Raw against Smackdown. So which brand were these surprises on then?

It was Ronda. I know it doesn't make sense but that's definitely what the point of that segment was. 

• Awards Moderator

I enjoyed that show. Both Rumbles were really fun. I loved the surprise entrants - Hurricane! Molly! Cien! Torrie! - and the feeling of not knowing who’d win the men’s match, then punching the air when Shinsuke won. Trish and Mysterio both looked great.

That knee-punch exchange with Brock and Braun, though - crikey.

Good stuff all round - could have done without the Raw tag match though, and I’ll confess I only had the WWE Title match on in the background.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yea Graves was really bad last night. 

Graves on Mandy : "Of course I knew that! I may know more about her than..... anyone should!"

That slayed me.

• Paid Members

What a relief. After completely shitting the bed with Survivor Series and RAW 25, they finally managed to do a big show and not have it be a tragic disappointment. I wonder if someone gave Pat Patterson a ring? The men’s Rumble was great, and the women’s Rumble was even better! Brilliantly booked with loads of great moments.

What a man Heath Slater is. Top stuff. I’ll still never believe the way they’ve booked Nakamura since bringing him up to the main roster, but if this is the turning point then I’m happy to forgive and forget. LOL at Michelle McCool being booked to eliminate loads of people because of who she’s married to, only for her to fall over her own feet in the process. Very surprised we didn’t see a Kharma return to face off against Nia Jax. Maybe they’re saving that for later in the year. Rey Mysterio looked fifteen years younger than when he was last in WWE. I feel this is a much healthier place for Rey, should he decide to return. They’ll allow him to work a much easier schedule and he seems far more comfortable to be his natural weight instead of bloating himself up and crushing his knees to dust. I love how over Rusev is. Seriously, this is the time to pull the trigger on him. He’s the best. 

The Rousey thing is super fascinating. It’s something that’s felt inevitable for years, it’s the perfect fit for everyone involved, but I was very shocked at how bad her instincts seemed to be, particularly considering what a genuinely huge fan she is. Waiting way too long after the music hit before showing herself to the crowd, not stopping and allowing for the crowd to react once she got in the ring and her music stopped, constantly, awkwardly pointing to the Wrestlemania sign over and over again rather than just doing it at the very end, flicking between scowling and grinning, it was super  uncomfortable to watch. All I keep thinking about is how often we’ve seen Triple H micro-managing guys on those NXT documentaries, telling them when to look at the hard camera, when to pose for the crowd, etc. Surely he should have gone through the segment with Ronda beforehand, explaining how and when to do certain things? I worry she’s going to be a bit of a Floyd Mayweather, where she’s unable to tap into what makes her a star in this environment. Fair play to Asuka though. She saved that segment slapping Ronda’s hand away. That was money.

I enjoyed the show overall, the few annoyances I did have though...

Asuka no selling Ember Moons Finisher, Dana Brooke eliminating Kairi Sane(Fucking Dana Brooke!?) Corey Graves being terrible on commentary all night I did enjoy Stephanie giving him a dressing down though because he wouldn’t stop moaning about Sasha Banks, Steph saying Asukas going over, Maria Menounos god awful tone and the Smackdown Tag Title match in general.

Absolutely chuffed they Gave Almas a good showing in the Rumble too, I’m a huge fan of his.

Banks played heel in that Rumble too has she turned then? 

Archived