Royal Rumble 2018 Discussion [& stats]

tiger_rick

Makes you wonder about people like that, although maybe not, as we already know they're morons.  But what do they think they are going to accomplish by chanting "Undertaker" at Michelle McCool.  It's just to show off to the people sitting near them that they know something I'd guess.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lots of the women are whinging on Twitter about all the focus and attention being on Rousey rather than the participants of the women’s Rumble. Nikki Bella, Nia Jax and Dana Brook so far. I can’t tell if it’s a work or they really are that thick.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Does anyone else hate that Slingblade move? I absolutely despise it. It just looks really shit. Doesn't matter who hits it.

You're definitely not the only one. I've been wondering for some time why it has suddenly started being copied by everybody, when it's atrocious. Almost as bad as Ambrose's second rope slingshot clothesline, and Baron Corbin's magic roundabout on the ring post. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I noticed both of those bits with Cena, the shouting at Nakamura and Finn to jump them was bloody terrible. He deserves to be chewed off for that, looked really unprofessional.

@Supremo the girls whining on Twitter definitely sounds like a work, BROTHER

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

You're definitely not the only one. I've been wondering for some time why it has suddenly started being copied by everybody, when it's atrocious. Almost as bad as Ambrose's second rope slingshot clothesline, and Baron Corbin's magic roundabout on the ring post. 

Only person I've ever seen hit it well is Yoshino of DragonGate, and that's because he's ridiculously fast - he gets up enough speed to the point where he's practically flying with it, and he makes it look like a blitzkrieg move.

• Paid Members

I love when Tanahashi does the Slingblade because he's not doing it every five seconds, so it feels special. It's a good move, but it's not the transitional move Rollins wishes it was. Likewise with Okada's drop kick. The reactions they get from the crowd are good because it feels special when he does it. Rollins trotted in and started hitting them like he was DDP coming out giving everybody a Diamond Cutter, or Orton hitting RKO's out of nowhere. Balor was dishing a fair few out towards the end as well, which makes Rollins' version even less special.

The thing with the RKO and Cutter is the surprise element of it though, you can apply it from almost anywhere, but it's not like it's really possible to do that with the Slingblade. He'll be in pleather shorts and kickpads by Summerslam at this rate. It looked like he'd tried to give somebody a V/Raintrigger at one point in the tag title match as well, which looked awful.

• Paid Members

Okada and Tanahashi both appreciate the importance of the space between the moves, to ensure that their signature moves really mean something, in a sense that I've never got from Seth Rollins. Very little in his matches has ever felt like its built organically, or like any one move was significant, outside of the odd vicious Curb Stomp in his heel days. But then, he was busting out Phoenix Splashes as a heel, what do you expect?

• Paid Members

I guess it's that indy wrestling mentality? That and I've been watching too much 1980s NWA wrestling on the Network.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:31 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether 'Taker is working as a road agent?

Oh man, I can't wait to see the Deadman scurrying out in his suit alongside Finlay and Malenko to pull the Riott Squad off of Naomi.

Archived