The Old Poster Ouija Board

Carbomb

I'm not going into the details of my therapy in here. 

I am a completely different person to years ago. 

I have a proper job now. I'm officially a renter three years today. 

I lost my dad in 2017 to a heart attack. I had to accept I was indoctrinated into accepting his xenophobia and racism and go along with it or fear him. 

His death was the only reason I had the courage to come out. 

I had a lot of shame and guilt about having to be like him because if I didn't his alcoholic bigotry would mean he would get abusive with me. 

I've grown a lot and I even drink coffee in the Roma owned coffee shops in Glasgow southside. I even speak to the woman that sells The Big Issue back home where my mum lives outside the local COOP. 

Therapy and taking a daily regiment of estradiol and testosterone blocker coupled with therapy saved me from suicide.

I'm not the same person anymore. Tommyboi is dead. Emily lives and is a good person.

Just now, ScottishSiren said:

I lost my dad in 2017 to a heart attack

So sorry to hear that. I don’t mean this badly but I guess a positive is the self reflection you went through in the aftermath. Massive respect to you for going down that road, it’s so difficult to tread and dredge up all the horrors in your subconscious. Quite frankly I don’t have the courage and strength to do so, my hat is doffed to you for such bravery. 

You sound like a success story and I’m happy for you, and happy you’re happy now. After decades of turmoil it must be wonderful, and something to be proud of. 

Welcome to the forum, Siren!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s fair enough, and that’s the way you mod. But other mods have taken a zero tolerance approach though and maybe that’s what I’m getting at. I think you’re bang on about the tolerance for shortness though. I’ve been of the thinking that arseholes come back with a “100% warning level” so it’s next strike and you’re out. 

Don't know who you are referring to with "other mods", but this has always been my approach. Having "zero tolerance" when some poster is being an idiot and you find they signed up with an email address containing their banned username makes it an easy choice to just ban them immediately.

Anyway, apart from Emily being coy about introducing herself back into the forum (not that I blame her given how people treat trans folk), I don't care about someone who got banned like 15 years ago.

7 minutes ago, neil said:

Having "zero tolerance" when some poster is being an idiot and you find they signed up with an email address containing their banned username makes it an easy choice to just ban them immediately.

My personal favourite was someone doing this twice with successive previously banned accounts!  Although I do feel Houchenisagrass and Houchensmamisaslag never got a fair shot. 

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

So sorry to hear that. I don’t mean this badly but I guess a positive is the self reflection you went through in the aftermath. Massive respect to you for going down that road, it’s so difficult to tread and dredge up all the horrors in your subconscious. Quite frankly I don’t have the courage and strength to do so, my hat is doffed to you for such bravery. 

Grief can often set someone free and allow them to live life. I was certainly a different person before my dad died. Struggled under expectations. But once he'd gone I was basically forced to get my shit together and look after my family myself. So those are really make or break moments for a lot of people and certainly sounds like there's some real positive change to come out of a horrible situation with Emily.

You know this has been an emotional day reading this. 

Call it my wee hormonal self on estrogen. 

Again one of the great things since dad died and coming out and being on HRT is finally being my true emotional self. I cry a lot now but it's cathartic. 

This journey has not been easy. Being in therapy for such a long time at some stages has left me a wreck there's been all the accountability for past behaviours and having to go through intense pushing yourself to be better. 

On top of this I've got gender identity clinic appointments, blood tests, voice therapy appointments, laser hair removal for my body and face as well as a quarterly psychiatric consultant to do with other things outside of my transition.

I attempted to start my diagnosis of Austim and ADHD in 2021 but I realised Emily darling you got way too much on your plate. I ended up a burnt out mess. 

Im hoping to pick up the pieces and get that diagnosis sorted this year I've done a bunch of different online tests. I definitely do feel I'm ADHD for sure but I do have some autistic traits. It be nice to get those answers.

Ive got weight loss goal plans so whenever the day comes and I go for gender reassignment surgery I'm under the BMI for it. Just get to be under it then keep it there. 

These last few years have been the making of me. I'm going to realise my true potential and by my 40th birthday in 2025 I want to be that complete person.

48 minutes ago, ScottishSiren said:

attempted to start my diagnosis of Austim and ADHD in 2021 but I realised Emily darling you got way too much on your plate. I ended up a burnt out mess. 

Im hoping to pick up the pieces and get that diagnosis sorted this year I've done a bunch of different online tests. I definitely do feel I'm ADHD for sure but I do have some autistic traits. It be nice to get those answers.

What will you do if those answers are you aren’t autistic and don’t have ADHD?