The Old Poster Ouija Board

Carbomb

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Congratulations on taking the huge step and I presume returning here is overcoming another your life that's probably bothered you in the past with how things have gone previously. If so, or even if not, welcome back and good luck going forward with everything. 

Stuff like this is why I love this place.

30 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Are you still a massive racist dickhead?

Stuff like this is why I love this place.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Are you still a massive racist dickhead?

Can you just be chill and give them a chance? A lot of people were young and stupid on here years ago. I'm sure we'll soon find out the answer if she starts posting regularly. But doesn't seem any harm in giving the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Moderators

No, obviously it doesn't apply to people who haven't stopped trying to come back over and over. 

But when someone's had this long a hiatus then yeah they deserve a second chance. JSB came back and was fine.. Can't even remember what his new username is now and he didn't cause any trouble. And he was the first to admit he had been a right dick in the past.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

But when someone's had this long a hiatus

That we know of. 

The reason this is the best place on the internet is because we get rid of the dickheads and keep them out. TAFKA Tommyboi is one of the absolute worst cunts we’ve had. Everyone is capable of growth, even Hulky. He’s been gone a few years, it’s time for him to come home. 

• Moderators

Difference with Hulky is that he has tried to come back repeatedly inbetween and has continued to hold his weird vendetta against the UKFF on his social media.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That we know of.

I've got no reason to believe they've been back in the interim. So if they were them they kept their head down anyway. I don't get why you're so desperate for us to make an example of her.

Was d420 really a hateful piece of shit? I may be misremembering, but my overall memory is of someone who was simply incessantly a dolt rather than being particularly malicious.

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've got no reason to believe they've been back in the interim. So if they were them they kept their head down anyway. 

I wouldn’t say pretending to be someone else in your first post so you can post pictures of a former member, then in your second post be all yeah it was me actually is keeping your head down, but my opinion on the matter is meaningless to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't get why you're so desperate for us to make an example of her.

I’m not. It’s the lack of consistency. Fair enough pricks like boydy constantly try to rejoin and haven’t changed. Mab has gone a few years now since whatever their last account was, but as soon as we know it’s Mab, even without them posting like they used to, they’re gone instantly. I don’t get why you want to give this particular poster a tenth chance. 

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Was d420 really a hateful piece of shit?

Yes. A racist who blamed immigrants for everything and frequently deleted inflammatory posts the morning after. The most infamous one involved refusing to buy a Big Issue ever again because of all the foreign people selling them. An absolute wretch of a person. But they’ve said they’ve undergone therapy so hopefully that hate and bigotry isn’t there anymore. 

• Paid Members

I remember her coming out with some nasty shit about Travellers/Roma in one or two posts. I don't remember what exactly it was, but I remember being very disappointed in her at the time, because up to that point she'd just seemed like a silly bollocks who otherwise meant well.

Up to her to clarify her position now; seems as good an opportunity as any,

EDIT: This is the thing - I'm hoping a lot of that hatred was down to her not being happy in herself, and, now that she's gone through some growth, she has a better perspective and understanding of those she previously lambasted.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

But they’ve said they’ve undergone therapy so hopefully that hate and bigotry isn’t there anymore. 

Why are you referring to her with these pronouns?

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Well that doesn't make any sense at all but you do you.

Of course it does. When talking about a film I may say “I like the directing in this scene, I loved how they did this etc”. I think you’re looking for stuff that isn’t there as I have no clue what you’re on about here. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s the lack of consistency. Fair enough pricks like boydy constantly try to rejoin and haven’t changed. Mab has gone a few years now since whatever their last account was, but as soon as we know it’s Mab, even without them posting like they used to, they’re gone instantly.

I don't think there is a lack of consistency and disagree with this - I don't get rid of anyone instantly that hasn't been a persistent nuisance (though they may get a much lower tolerance for shitness). But if that's your perception then that's up to you.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't think there is a lack of consistency and disagree with this - I don't get rid of anyone instantly that hasn't been a persistent nuisance (though they may get a much lower tolerance for shitness). But if that's your perception then that's up to you.

That’s fair enough, and that’s the way you mod. But other mods have taken a zero tolerance approach though and maybe that’s what I’m getting at. I think you’re bang on about the tolerance for shortness though. I’ve been of the thinking that arseholes come back with a “100% warning level” so it’s next strike and you’re out. 

Or to put it in terms you’ll enjoy more. It’s like they’re already on a yellow card and one more infraction and they’re off!