The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

What bugged me was the way when he was confronted by the allegations and issued his statement it was ostensibly "so it turns out I'm gay" or that was at least the main takeaway from the statement in the eyes of the media. 

Everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone draws the line somewhere. 

There is absolutely zero chance none of us don't enjoy something problematic. Would I watch a new Kevin Spacey film or TV show? I honestly don't know, probably not.

But I'll still rewatch all the films I love that have him in it. Same as I'll still watch (and love) Woody Allen films. If people want to judge me for that, that is absolutely fine. 

We're complex humans, and nothing is black or white, despite what MJ told us. 

In the court Kevin Spacey was found not guilty. What we all individually take from that is up to us, but according to that jury at that case he was found not guilty of what he was accused of.

Of course a not guilty doesn't always mean someone didn't do something, but it is still a not guilty from a court. That is important to remember, but it's also important to remember that there are victims who never get their justice.

Repercussions at the hands of the state, especially those involving the removal of civil liberties, quite rightly require a heavy burden of proof. Before you're locked up by the government you must be proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. At least that's the ideal.

My uneasiness around you and your work requires a far lower standard of evidence. If I reckon on balance that you probably did it then I'm not going to carry on as if I don't, or suddenly assume you're innocent just because the smoking gun was never found. That doesn't mean I'm going to set your house on fire but it does mean you're likely off my Christmas card list.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

According to a quick Google, Kevin Spacey is worth at least $30 million, btw. I'm not sure what he'll do if he can't get acting work.

he said in court he was no longer wealthy due to legal fees, which I'm sure he hired the best which cost him millions but he would still be getting royalty cheques wouldn't he? I'm not sure I bought into him not being wealthy, unless he pissed away prior to all this.

• Paid Members

He should still be getting royalty cheques, and quite generous ones at that. Given how often he's worked, he should be getting quite a few into the bargain.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Hardeep Singh Kohli has been charged for non-recent sexual offences, he's a name I hadn't heard in years.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23711868.hardeep-singh-kohli-charged-connection-sex-offence-allegations/

He's a name I have heard over the years with lots of accusations (thanks popbitch). I wondered what has changed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Don't know whether this belongs here, but I see the Spain women's coach has been banned because he kissed one of the players on the lips after they won the world cup. 

Luis Rubiales: Fifa suspends Spanish FA boss over Jenni Hermoso kiss - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66628521

32 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Don't know whether this belongs here, but I see the Spain women's coach has been banned because he kissed one of the players on the lips after they won the world cup. 

Luis Rubiales: Fifa suspends Spanish FA boss over Jenni Hermoso kiss - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66628521

all the Spain players refused to play if he didn't go. A problem is he said it was consensual, but the player says otherwise.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Not coach but head of Spanish football governing body.

80+ female players and some of the men have refused to play for the national teams until he's gone completely 

Edit: the coaching staff of the women's national team, in protest at the Spanish football governing body head being suspended rather than sacked, have now resigned. Head coach is still place....for now 

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete