Paid Members gmoney Posted July 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 6, 2019 More audacious lizard content.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 6, 2019 Moderators Posted July 6, 2019 (edited) This video is fucking hilarious - from a "Proud Boy" at a alt-right rally Edited July 6, 2019 by Chest Rockwell
Merzbow Posted July 8, 2019 Posted July 8, 2019 There's something really Alan Partridge about him only shopping in petrol stations.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2019 Definitely a @WU LYF 4 LYF endorsed activity.
Undefeated Steak Posted July 8, 2019 Posted July 8, 2019 (edited) Someone tweeted a painting they did and it took a long time to check it wasn't just a photo. It takes some talent to paint like this. Edited July 8, 2019 by Undefeated Steak
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2019 There's a whole realist movement going on, led by the Japanese. Google Yasutomo Oka. Here's one to get you started.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 8, 2019 Moderators Posted July 8, 2019 Whilst technically impressive, stuff like that leaves me cold. I find myself here sounding like my art teachers whom I hated, when I all I cared about was technique but really what's the point in paintings like this? To be fair though, I might feel very different if I experienced a painting like this in real life.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2019 I feel similarly, it's emotionally cold but I I'm still staggered by the technical skill. I would like to see one up close to really see the detail.
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 8, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2019 If there's no original photo it's incredible, if it's literally a recreation of a photo it's just like advanced colouring to me. My idea of hell in art is a photorealistic painting of Walter white or something, you see that shit all the time. I could never do that in a million years though, it definitely requires skill. It's just not my bag, I'm illustrator but pretty much the opposite of that kind of stuff.
Paid Members seph Posted July 9, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2019 The 'fun' with art is in the interpretation. I don't think there's any bickering to be had with a photorealistic painting other than what filters may be used with a digital equivalent. It's also far more difficult to have the subject (if a person) have input akin to "me, but I'm a bit thinner and have a younger, tighter face"
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 9, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2019 10 hours ago, Onyx2 said: I feel similarly, it's emotionally cold but I I'm still staggered by the technical skill. I would like to see one up close to really see the detail. That pretty much sums me up too. I feel similarly about guitar solos; extremely impressive but I don't really 'feel' it unless I'm watching the guitarist play it in person. They don't really do anything for me when it's just the audio.
Recommended Posts