General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The last person to score at Old Trafford in the knockout stages has actually signed for United and moved on because he's to old and knackered. And he won a World Cup since. Schweignsteiger was still a beast when United were last at this level. Crazy.

Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs and Buttner played that night. Buttner for fucks sake!

3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

First Champions League knockout match at Old Trafford since this, tonight.

My favourite part about that is that, even if you buy that he could've beaten the 'keeper with it, the defender would 100% have booted it away.

Mourinho's looked like a right berk tonight. Playing for a 0-0 a couple weeks ago now looks even more foolish than it did at the time. Using that strategy against Real Madrid, or Barcelona, or even Juventus? Sure, completely get it. But Sevilla? As in 'persistent Europa League patrons' Sevilla? Ludicrous.

• Paid Members

I had a prior commitment so got in and turned it on with a minute to go as everyone was laying the boots in. 2-1 to this bloody Sevilla team! Lord knows what happened because they looked like they couldn't score over 10 legs last time.

Delighted I missed it. Did Sanchez do owt?

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Did Sanchez do owt?

He'll never do anything under Mourinho. There's nobody United can bring in to improve anything long term, because its all about the coach and not the supporters, the club or its future. He's such a fucking dinosaur these days. Pogba and Sanchez are a frustrated mess in this side. Playing two holding midfielders at home to Sevilla, for fucks sake!

• Paid Members

'Job done' at 0-0. Said it then, say it again now, what a fucking berk.

My friend (who is about as rose tinted when it comes to United as it gets) claims the FANS lost this game. He reckons United's slow build-up play was working fine and the fans booing passes between the CBs caused them to make a mistake leading to their goal. I don't think the plan was working if for 160 minutes, with 20 minutes remaining, not a single goal was scored.

• Paid Members

Yeah. I've been one to stand up for Mourinho in the past but the performances over the two legs are indefensible. Similar to what I typed after the first leg, it's shocking all that money on that attacking talent and they can only manage a goal (and what, 4 shots on target). Mourinho needs to have a word.

On 04/03/2018 at 10:27 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Yet 4 English teams will almost certainly reach the CL quarter finals and I’d back at least two to reach the semis. The top 4, maybe 5 teams in England are significantly better than the rest of the league, which is no surprise when the merry go round for shit English managers is still ongoing.  

This post aged well!

12 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Would like to see Liverpool and City over two legs to be honest. Would be interesting how each team would approach it.

I don't think either team would know how to approach it any other way than they approach every game although City are better equiped to do so if needs must. It'd be a hell of a spectacle.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think you're right, they'll both go in with their usual approach. I don't think you'll see a Jose 'tactical masterclass' or a Conte approach. Bit like when you had Arsenal and Liverpool drawn against each other 10 years or so ago. Cracking tie that was.

Archived