General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sounds like a fantastic full debut from Mkhitaryan and Auba 'opened his account' as Andy Townsend would probably say. Haven't watched it yet so looking forward to the highlights later. Makes a nice change to really look forward to watching our highlights.

Mkhi was playing on the left it seems. United fans on here, what's he been like out wide? My best friend is a United fan and he told me that if we play him in #10 he'll be mostly good, but shit out wide as his crossing is appalling. Fair analysis?

• Paid Members

From what I seen of the game, Mkhi was all over the place, in terms of movement, which probably suits him fine.

He was annoyingly very good, but he can be. We'll see whether or not he'll just vanish in a few week, which is the trick. He showed that type of performance a few times at United then nothing for ages.

Mkhitaryan was probably the best player on the pitch for Arsenal today (Ramsey obviously gets the plaudits for the hat-trick).

He seemed to be everywhere though not so much on the left, Iwobi started the first half on the right and Mkhitaryan ended up more on the left the second half, but if you look at the goals and chances created then Mkhitaryan was everywhere. Looked very good and sharp. 

Auba didn't do as much other than his goal, but then he doesn't need too, the fear of his pace alone will make teams sit back a little deeper in fear. 

Everton's defending was woeful again though...Williams needs to be put down. Mangala had a nightmare. Keane got brought off at half time. Pickford for all his wonderful saves does have moments where he is like a rabbit in the headlights not getting his positioning right and jumping all over the place.

• Paid Members

That Mangala debut was interesting. Missed a clearance for the first goal, let Koscielny and Aubameyang stroll in behind him for the second and then turned his back like a complete fanny and deflected in the third.

Meanwhile, Hull City are heading for League One. A completely broken football club. On paper, a reasonable Championship squad but one that can't overcome the shit ownership, empty stands and wretched manager. It would marginally less painful if we didn't have to listen to Mr fucking Motivator Nigel Adkins trying to sprinkle hundreds and thousands on a bum log every week.

• Paid Members

I think Lewin is a better leader of the line and as an outlet. Lookman is more of a threat when picking the ball up and running at players. Ideally a partnership of the two would be best. Not sure that would work in modern football though. I had a daydream today that Big Dunc and Amokachi were playing and just destroyed defenders with physical presence and outrageous skill.  Duncan Ferguson is a legend for Everton and is on the coaching staff. Presumably a striker coach. Is he any good at this? Whenever I see him on the bench he looks lost. He certainly celebrates goals with passion. I'm unsure as to how useful he is as a coach.

Archived