General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's funny looking back and being in awe of the Serie A and the abundance of star power on show. The world's best playing week in week out.

Players were turning England down to go there, Blomqvist for example.

Then the money shifted (apart from a few clubs) and the standard of Italian football slid down a cliff face. Now also seen in their national team.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I remember watching the Channel 4 stuff and playing Championship Manager Italia on the Amiga at the same time. Absolutely brilliant times. What a team Sampdoria had. I'll be getting that watched. Thanks for posting.

Here's the old Channel 4 Italia theme song for anybody..

• Paid Members

Sampdoria had an insatiable team in the 90s, looking back I wonder how they managed to have the players of the level they had during the decade considering they weren't the biggest team. Vialli, Lombardo, Mancini, Pagliuca, Gullit, David 'The Forehead' Platt, Mihajlovic, Chiesa, Seedorf, Veron. Then again, you always had several Italian teams with that kind of quality at any one time during the 90s.

I think it's the last time we'll see The King in the top flight for a while. I can see him getting his next gig in the Championship, taking whatever team he's in charge off to the cusp of the playoffs all for it to implode spectacularly after a 12 match losing streak.

Yeah me too. Thing is with the money knocking about at some of these Championship clubs I can see more and more Pardew, Pulis, Hodgson type managers slipping down. I'd happily see a changing of the guard with the dinosaurs fucking off for a bit and the likes of Jokanovic, Nuno and Rowett having a go.

He always had a limited shelf life when he went somewhere, but it was that initial honeymoon period where things really seemed to click for him that kept getting him jobs.

The stint at West Brom has exposed him as a total shitarse from day one. The sad part is that it won't be long until all the Pulis Truthers come storming out saying "I told you this would happen!" As if there's a binary choice between Pulisball=Staying up and Anything Else=Going Down. The "Anything Else" part didn't have to be Pardew.

• Paid Members

Albion may have to look outside the box, because who in their right mind would go there now?

If (when, I'm praying) Wolves go up, the only thing that could make the season any better now is the total collapse of Albion, hopefully getting less than 25 points, Stoke going down with their Champions League Elite manager at the helm and touch wood Villa fucking up the play offs.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Albion may have to look outside the box, because who in their right mind would go there now?

Ancelotti.

Archived