General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In a week where no English refs were picked for the World Cup, you'd think they'd be eager to show their worth.

Nope.

Stuart Attwell easily just put on the worst refereeing performance I have seen in a long time.

After his Premiership expulsion, how are the FA even still considering for games. Proven ineptitude yet still works.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:42 AM, David said:

Mick McCarthy announces he's leaving Ipswich Town at the end of the season. Got to imagine there's a few clubs who'll fancy a bit of ol' Mick?

He's one of the last great grumpy bastard managers, isn't he? Proper tracksuit and football boots guy, using phrases like "proper bloke" and "ran his socks off" in 2018, fantastic.

A case of be careful what you wish for from Ipswich fans.

He did a marvelous job on a shoestring budget.

Could see them in League One the year after next.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the heads-up, I don't have BT Sport so I'm glad there's a way to watch this! I grew up in a town with a large Italian community and at school you had to have at Italian team. Mine was Parma, I can't tell you why.

55 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Watching the documentary now. Feel compelled to say, I dont think I've ever quite get over that George Weah goal. Still incredible now.

Is that the one where he runs from his own box and skins the other team to shreds? I'm tempted to say it was against Parma or Verona but can't remember which one.

• Paid Members

I can remember watching that goal live. It was just amazing, I remember being eager to get to school the following day. No one had seen it as by then the idea of watching Italian football had seemingly worn thin.

I remember that goal live as well. First day of the season if I remember correctly. 

Have slowly got back into Italian Football this season. Has been quite enjoyable watching Guttusos Milan & Napoli's free flowing football. Always loved Juventus when growing up but would be good to see the league more competitive again. 

Archived