NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I enjoyed this week’s show on the whole, but Pope is fast becoming the NWA’s equivalent to Nightmare Collective for me. He’s utterly unwatchable. His feud with Eddie Kingston is just bizarre. On one side you have a rambling mess of a promo, on the other you have someone so gritty and realistic that he feels totally at odds with the tone of the product they’re trying to produce. 

That said, it’s a rare case of a booking misstep in a company that generally has fun oozing out of its pores. It’s still the best wrestling show on TV. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So with Aldis telling Scurll he has to refund all the fans if he doesn't win, is anybody else thinking he wins by DQ so Aldis keeps the belt?

Scurll to win then drop it on the next ROH show back unless its a free show after refunds which Corgan can afford. 

Scurll has to lose for me though. The next champ HAS to be Tim Storm. And I'm hoping NWA isn't blinded by Scurll being a bit of a name atm. 

I knew something was up last week when they didnt have "Into The Fire" start or end the show. It's a shame because I've never even heard "Into the Fire" before NWA Powerrr but it became a huge reason why I carried on watched. This new Pantera song does not fit in with how the show presents itself plus whoever edited the new intro video didnt really do a good job.

17 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

The next champ HAS to be Tim Storm. And I'm hoping NWA isn't blinded by Scurll being a bit of a name atm. 

I couldn't agree with you more. It's the only thing I want to see happen in Wrestling. Nothing is more important. Just shows what a good job they've done of making us all root for him. Tim Storms Mission Statement on YouTube is a good quick watch. Almost brings a tear to my eye seeing him come out as champion and the longing it gives me to actually see his next run. 

They've got his music down to a tee too. What a theme! I feel like I'm his biggest fan even though many more will feel just like I do. 

I've just turned 39 and the fact that wrestling can actually make me feel this way about someone again is amazing. 

14 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's Aldis retaining then now Marty has had his counter offer accepted. 

Have to say, I thought this was all a bit messy. Why did he bother making that counter offer? Why is giving money to Aldis a better option for him than offering everyone in the crowd a refund? It obviously means the live crowd are less likely to support Aldis over Marty, but his storyline logic is a bit odd. 

I've held off on moaning about it, but the new intro music is terrible and doesn't at all fit with the tone of the show. The last thing pro wrestling needs is another show intro that sounds like every other show intro. Who was this change for, exactly? 

How is it possible for R&R Express to still have matches like this on a regular basis at their age?  They are medical miracles. Seriously fun tag match.  In fact, the whole show was great this week.  Even Melina had a decent showing.  She's still hot as fuck as well.

Ziggy Dice might be my favourite character at the moment. He's perfect for the NWA.

Tom Lattimore is a real specimen, and seems to hit everything with extra mustard.  I'm seriously impressed.  I know he was in the WWE system for a while, and I presume there's a reason they didn't keep him, but he would fit in WWE perfectly.  NWA are obviously high on him as he got a clean win over my dad here which surprised me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Tom Lattimore is a real specimen, and seems to hit everything with extra mustard.  I'm seriously impressed.  I know he was in the WWE system for a while, and I presume there's a reason they didn't keep him, but he would fit in WWE perfectly.  NWA are obviously high on him as he got a clean win over my dad here which surprised me.

They shitcanned him for getting drunk and battering a police officer. He used to be in NXT as one of the original Ascension duo.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Loki said:

Ah, that door's probably closed then.  Bah, in the old days even murdering someone wasn't an impediment to a WWF contract!

TNA tried to make up for it by giving him 18 contracts. 

• Paid Members

Didn't he perform some domestic abuse on Charlotte as well? He and Khamille were in Alfreton the other week. She stuck a picture of a chippy tea on Instagram. I have no life. 

Zicky Dice strikes me as one of those "so bad he's good" wrestlers. Bit of a guilty pleasure. I believe in the OSW Review parlance he would be "a boy". 

Charlotte wasn’t with Bram With her incident, it was another ex. He did have another domestic incident with an ex that he was arrested for holding her by the throat when she attacked him.