The XFA - I want to start a football league like Vince.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

When making a substitution the manager is not allowed to choose the player he is bringing on. Instead the subs names are placed in a tombola and drawn out at random by Graham Kelly who must announce them in that high pitched voice he has. 

Whilst changing to look at the correct camera halfway through.

2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Dogs are allowed on the pitch.

The champions get to do a rap song with M People.

To expand on this each team should also have their own stewards. A goal/point is awarded to whoever's steward catches any stray animal or streaker who invades the pitch during the match.

Oh, and fucking hell, Rogue Ronnie had me in tears.

The only thing I'd add to what's been said is at 4 goals down, to either team so could be two two, we get

Exploding Multiball Madness 

That's right six footballs, 5 packed with some squibs, the one that has the non exploding ball once the others have exploded gets an automatic 3 game ban.

• Paid Members

The introduction of 'Fly Keeper' to the professional game. With the last man back law in full affect.

Obviously the crowds would be so raucous shouting 'Keeps' is well out.

This can also instigate a no gloves rule, unless Dwight Yorke is willing to sign up, those claret and blue fucking magic gloves were everywhere in the Midlands in 1995 and could be a serious money spinner for whoever he plays for.

Imagine rather than having penalty kicks, they have a player run from 30-40 yards out and have a one-on-one with the keeper.

You've just imagined shootouts, an idea devised by the NASL and free to be revived by the XFA.

• Paid Members

I was a wrestling fan before I was a football fan.

When I got into football, I found it really odd that the World Cup final was the same duration as a meaningless league encounter between Port Vale & Scunthorpe, in contrast to the main event of Wrestlemania lasting way longer than Koko B. Ware vs a jobber on Superstars.

So yeah, that. Big matches played over 2 75-minute halves, to show their increased importance.

• Paid Members

You really need those promo videos Sky Sports had for the Premier League when it started. Slightly homoerotic ones with people like Gary McAlllister and Efan Ekoku working out at the gym to "One Vision" by Queen or "Alive and Kicking" by Simple Minds. Really gets you pumped up.

• Paid Members

If it's 0-0 after 80 minutes it's next goal wins (130 minutes in the event of it being one of the big matches) with a player from each team being randomly selected to be removed from the pitch every minute (or 2 in a big match)

Kits get eschewed in favour of a shirts vs skins system with the home team automatically picked as shirts.

No player should live over 25 miles from the stadium. If required falts are built into every ground for players to live in, or caravans parked in the car parks.

Archived