WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, meexcellent said:

Would anyone be able to put the Norwich shows and nxt takeover Chicago on disc for me when it airs? Don't have WWE network and don't think my broadband can cope with streaming. Thanks for reading guys.

Just use the Networks month free trial.

• Paid Members

Considering it was voice over of a pre-tape, you'd think they'd have paused for a minute to tell JR he was saying the champion's name wrong after about the 5th time. He knows how to say Norwich properly though, good man.

Occurred to me during the face-off at the end, William Regal as Pete Dunne's mentor in villainy could be SO much fun. Good explanation for why Dunne has seemingly infringed with impunity so far, too.

• Paid Members

I have just so little interest in this mini UK division they've got going. It's so shallow they're padding out a UK Championship show in the UK with TJ Perkins. A division of about 3 people defending a worthless belt. 

I tried the tournament and turned it off before the end, and I tried tonight's and went and did something in the other room instead. Just really bland all round. 

This and the Cruiserweight division are just so tepid and worthless. Even by WWE's shit standards of today they're all tiny and/or bland.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I have just so little interest in this mini UK division they've got going. It's so shallow they're padding out a UK Championship show in the UK with TJ Perkins. A division of about 3 people defending a worthless belt. 

I tried the tournament and turned it off before the end, and I tried tonight's and went and did something in the other room instead. Just really bland all round. 

This and the Cruiserweight division are just so tepid and worthless. Even by WWE's shit standards of today they're all tiny and/or bland.

I don't know what you've been watching, but Pete Dunne has been an absolute revelation on these UK shows, and exposing him to a wider audience is justification enough for these shows existing. He's genuinely got the best facials of anyone I've seen in years, he come across like a proper dickhead heel and I fully expect him to steal the show and turn a lot of heads on tonight's NXT show. He's incredible.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I don't know what you've been watching, but Pete Dunne has been an absolute revelation on these UK shows, and exposing him to a wider audience is justification enough for these shows existing. He's genuinely got the best facials of anyone I've seen in years, he come across like a proper dickhead heel and I fully expect him to steal the show and turn a lot of heads on tonight's NXT show. He's incredible.

It's hard to get that excited about someone when the furthest they'll make it is 205 Live or NXT. The biggest star the UK has produced in recent years is probably Neville, and he's been there god knows how long and he did next to nothing on the main roster and now he's trapped in the land of the dead with the rest of the midgets.

For as good as he might be, the 5 foot whatever Pete Dunne and his facials are going nowhere in WWE.  

• Paid Members

I don't watch RAW or Smackdown. I don't know how any normal functioning adult could find the time to watch them and feel satisfied afterwards. I wouldn't want Pete Dunne to go to either of those shows. Him being, "trapped," on NXT would be perfect for me. I don't measure anyone by how far they go in WWE. I just measure them by how good they are. Pete Dunne is really fucking good. Him and Regal tell the best stories of anyone in the business by the faces they pull. To say he's bland seems mental to me. He stands out as leagues above everyone in the business right now in terms of being a proper heel with a punchable face.

• Paid Members

I did say tiny and/or bland. Even if you love his facials, he's 5 foot 10 and 205lbs without any of the redeeming features a Bryan or Mysterio had to get far with that. Gurning at William Regal in front of a few hundred people in Norwich is one thing, but once he's up on that main roster, who's he going to "bruise"?

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don't watch RAW or Smackdown. I don't know how any normal functioning adult could find the time to watch them and feel satisfied afterwards. I wouldn't want Pete Dunne to go to either of those shows. Him being, "trapped," on NXT would be perfect for me. I don't measure anyone by how far they go in WWE. I just measure them by how good they are. Pete Dunne is really fucking good. Him and Regal tell the best stories of anyone in the business by the faces they pull. To say he's bland seems mental to me. He stands out as leagues above everyone in the business right now in terms of being a proper heel with a punchable face.

He'd probably think you're a bit of a shit, if you're alright with that? The difference in money between pulling off 5 chocolate starfish matches on NXT and floundering on RAW is huge, I think he'd rather have the cash than making a couple of marks happy.

Archived