WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don't know what you've been watching.

He watched a little bit of the UK tournament then gave up. Shame, because the semis and the final were absolutely superb.

I will say though that I wasn't that impressed by the show last night. The production was really shit compared to the tourney- JR and Nigel standing in front of a green screen at the beginning of the show looked silly- reminded me of Len Davies on TWC. The sound mixing/editing was terrible- the entrance music and ring announced sounded really muffled. Thought the venue looked a bit cack, too.

Didn't like the inclusion of the 205 guys for the same reasons others have mentioned and I'd have liked to have seen a couple of new faces- FelatioLips is right in saying that the division is made up of only a few people. As much as I love Bate, Dunne, Mandrews and to a lesser extent Seven, a bit more variety wouldn't go a miss. Wolfgang is good, couldn't care for Connors whatsoever.

I don't think 205 or NXT will be as far Dunne will get at all. He's still young and in WWE terms inexperienced, I'm sure he will be in NXT proper very soon and will really shine there. In the opportunities given to him so far, he's come across as a real future prospect in WWE. He's hardly going to be the final product already, but what he has shown thus far has been very good indeed. He'll be on the main roster within 2 years. I'd love to see him run-in on an NXT guy tonight after having won the UK title, just to once again 'make a name for himself' as Trips told him to do.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I did say tiny and/or bland. Even if you love his facials, he's 5 foot 10 and 205lbs without any of the redeeming features a Bryan or Mysterio had to get far with that. Gurning at William Regal in front of a few hundred people in Norwich is one thing, but once he's up on that main roster, who's he going to "bruise"?

Again, not that I particularly care if he makes it to the main roster, and that was never my point, but should he ever make it (and he certainly looks to have the talent), he'll probably, "bruise," the rest of the main roster that are equally full of small guys. If Dunne made it to the main roster he'd be on there with guys like Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, etc. You're talking as if it's 2005 or something. Size has never meant less in that company.

I did say tiny and/or bland. Even if you love his facials, he's 5 foot 10 and 205lbs without any of the redeeming features a Bryan or Mysterio had to get far with that. Gurning at William Regal in front of a few hundred people in Norwich is one thing, but once he's up on that main roster, who's he going to "bruise"?

Well ...

Spoiler

Him and Tyler Bate just had the best match on 'NXT Takeover Chicago' and it was one of the best matches of the entire year in WWE, period, covering any brand.

The Chicago crowd was going nuts for both guys. An American crowd was chanting 'UK, UK'.

You're entitled to your opinion and tastes but the vast majority clearly don't agree. Both guys are going to be major stars over the next few years.

• Paid Members
On 2017-5-20 at 5:36 PM, PunkStep said:

He watched a little bit of the UK tournament then gave up. Shame, because the semis and the final were absolutely superb.

I will say though that I wasn't that impressed by the show last night. The production was really shit compared to the tourney- JR and Nigel standing in front of a green screen at the beginning of the show looked silly- reminded me of Len Davies on TWC. The sound mixing/editing was terrible- the entrance music and ring announced sounded really muffled. Thought the venue looked a bit cack, too.

Didn't like the inclusion of the 205 guys for the same reasons others have mentioned and I'd have liked to have seen a couple of new faces- FelatioLips is right in saying that the division is made up of only a few people. As much as I love Bate, Dunne, Mandrews and to a lesser extent Seven, a bit more variety wouldn't go a miss. Wolfgang is good, couldn't care for Connors whatsoever.

I don't think 205 or NXT will be as far Dunne will get at all. He's still young and in WWE terms inexperienced, I'm sure he will be in NXT proper very soon and will really shine there. In the opportunities given to him so far, he's come across as a real future prospect in WWE. He's hardly going to be the final product already, but what he has shown thus far has been very good indeed. He'll be on the main roster within 2 years. I'd love to see him run-in on an NXT guy tonight after having won the UK title, just to once again 'make a name for himself' as Trips told him to do.

I was surprised WWE let that air with the production so shit.  The audio was dreadful throughout.  This has to be improved if they do another set of tapings, really took away from the show.  

I think that's symptomatic of the fact they had to essentially rush it out before Takeover. I honestly don't think they'd considered that people would have to see it first to explain Dunne winning the #1 contendership. That said, I really hope they don't do the green screen again, that was especially bad.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, ClassicsGuy said:

They used a green screen quite regularly on the CWC tournament, with Corey Graves standing in front of a green screen, presenting the Bracketology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_gWoudEcc

He wasn't standing in front of a green screen with the live crowd behind him though. Unless I skipped past that bit. 

4 minutes ago, El Mistique said:

He wasn't standing in front of a green screen with the live crowd behind him though. Unless I skipped past that bit. 

That is true.

I like that most people who follow wrestling can suspend their belief for the wackiest stuff, but a 15 second clip of two guys standing in front of projected crowd scene is too much for them and grounds for ridicule/complaint. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, ClassicsGuy said:

I like that most people who follow wrestling can suspend their belief for the wackiest stuff, but a 15 second clip of two guys standing in front of projected crowd scene is too much for them and grounds for ridicule/complaint. 

It has nothing to do with suspending belief- it has everything to do with it looking really fucking shit and low-rent.

• Paid Members

Not really. It appears that on the UK show they were trying to give the appearance JR and McGuiness were actually there and came off quite badly ( I've only watch an hour or so but that's what it felt like). 

Compared with Corey Graves at the CWC which was quite intentional as there was a block colour screen with him pointing at the brackets. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, El Mistique said:

Not really.

I mean the grounds of my complaint wasn't because it was supposed to look like it was there, because to be honest I didn't think that was the intention at the time, I ridiculed it because it looked really cheap. I didn't like it when Graves was in the CWC analysis bit either, that looked shite. Proper 90s.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It has nothing to do with suspending belief- it has everything to do with it looking really fucking shit and low-rent.

Is it really something to be arsed about though?

A 15 second quick on-screen shot of the two announcers to set the scene of the following 100 minute tv show that followed really didn't spoil the show for me. Just seems much ado about nothing.

And the comment about the usage of the green screen with Graves on the CWC show was purely to point out they'd used a green screen before, in the last 12 months. Never said anything about them using it with a crowd behind them.

Archived