WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

The ring announcer said it'll be on the network in the next month. I would assume before Takeover as the matches were building for Chicago 

Maybe I was in a better mood today but left that show on a high. Helps that the matches were a lot better. Dunne and Seven was really good and then Bate v Andrews was absolutely astounding. Best match I've seen live so far 

Only disappointment was that with it being advertised as WWE UK & 205, you'd expect to see Dar, Gallagher, Neville and that as they'd have got monster pops. Was really looking forward to Jack and Nev so it's a bit of a shame we got Nese and TJP instead for both nights. 

A lot of drunk shouting and irrelevant stuff, some funny some not. Shouldn't complain either way as they basically encourage that stuff

Dan Moloney will never be so over for the rest of his life. Trips came out in the second half and his confusion at the whole DAN thing was hilarious. Never thought I'd be chanting Alan Partridge at a puzzled Triple H but 2017 is full of surprises. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

WWE have been posting photos and videos of all the guys on this show. 

Pete Dunn's got the best face in all of pro-wrestling. His constant look of annoyance is some of the best heel work of the last decade. I love him.

WWE seem unusually eager to reveal the winner of the #1 contenders match all over social media. I find that sort of thing really weird, surely try and sell us the match itself if it's going to air on the network instead of spoiling the result?!

• Paid Members

Takeover Chicago is under 2 weeks away, I think? Perhaps they know that this stuff won't be on the Network before the match there takes place so they're "spoiling" it on social media in the hope that the people who would watch the UK show will go back & watch it regardless of knowing the outcome?

Two incredible nights of wrestling, and surreal to have it in my home town. WWE tweeting videos of Charly Caruso interviewing people round the back of Anglia Square's grotty car park is very odd to me.

Interesting that Dunne came out with the Progress belt tonight. Not often WWE put someone else's belt on their TV.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Pete Dunn's got the best face in all of pro-wrestling. His constant look of annoyance is some of the best heel work of the last decade. I love him.

Absolutely. Dunne and Regal are telling better stories with their facial expressions around each other than most of WWE manage to tell in a month of promos, and they're presumably not even building to anything with it, they're just doing it because it makes sense.

20 hours ago, sj5522 said:

A lot of drunk shouting and irrelevant stuff, some funny some not. Shouldn't complain either way as they basically encourage that stuff

A friend of mine attended the Saturday show and she mentioned it was a good night but the crowd being a bit hostile towards TJ Perkins calling him a Peado, a murderer and it being adults shouting it. Im presuming people being drunk is the reason as can't see why anyone would act this way when watching a show, I mean there is no reason to ruin it for everyone else.

Did anyone attend the meet & Greet as was wondering which wrestlers took part in this.

• Paid Members

JR has announced he's going to be doing commentary for WWE UK with Nigel McGuinness. 

This on a day where Stephanie appeared on ITV's This Morning. Expecting Mr Beesley to make the jump next. 

9 minutes ago, iamthedoctor said:

Did anyone attend the meet & Greet as was wondering which wrestlers took part in this.

I went to both. First night was Akira Tozawa and Rich Swann. Night 2 was Pete Dunne and TJ Perkins. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Benno said:

JR has announced he's going to be doing commentary for WWE UK with Nigel McGuinness.

We need an image of Alex Shane's face with 'Hello Darkness' playing in the background now.

I've supplied the pic of Alex, here you go:

Max_von_Sydow-Ming_the_Merciless.jpg

41 minutes ago, iamthedoctor said:

A friend of mine attended the Saturday show and she mentioned it was a good night but the crowd being a bit hostile towards TJ Perkins calling him a Peado, a murderer and it being adults shouting it. Im presuming people being drunk is the reason as can't see why anyone would act this way when watching a show, I mean there is no reason to ruin it for everyone else.

Blimey, I was giving ol' Pikachu Hunter the double middle fingers myself but I didn't hear anything that bad myself, but on the second night there were people behind me shouting something random about "gas" (fuck knows) and someone who thought it was well funny to shout "I like big sexy men" for every match. 

I'll put it down to over-excitement at being on the network/attracting people who don't normally go to shows. For instance RevPro's Epic Encounter I went to was a world away in terms of atmosphere and letting the wrestlers tell the story rather than the chants.

It was quite fun once you got used to the atmosphere, but hopefully long-term fans settle down a bit and just get into the matches, as the organic noise made for Bate v Andrews was amazing to experience. We might need some new talent additions that stands out in ways other than looking a bit like Jesus and Jonjo Shelvey for that to happen though. 

Think it was Huxley v T-Bone on night 2 that got a 'Jesus vs. Pikey' chant that felt a bit dodgy. 

• Paid Members

A few further thoughts on this, a few days removed from the event - because I'm stuck in the office waiting for someone to finish a job before I can lock up & leave. Spoilerised because I'm basically speculating on how the tapings will translate to TV & where the wrestlers involved stand/go from here.

Spoiler

Bate & Dunne are unquestionably the top guys right now, with Seven, Conners, Andrews & Wolfgang the tier just below.

James Drake & Sam Gradwell are midcard-y guys who will win a few, lose a few for the moment.

T-Bone is currently mid-to-lower card, but seems to be in the beginnings of a push upwards - having picked up two fairly convincing victories across the two tapings.

I'm guessing any stuff involving the 205 Live guys won't make it to TV - the two singles matches don't really have any place on the UK TV show, and the two tags were quite 'house show-y' (e.g. the comedy spot of Perkins having his own partner in an arm wringer & not realising). I'd therefore suggest that Dan Moloney & Saxon Huxley are pegged as lower card guys, and that Moloney was a babyface for one night only.

They're going to need to sort out some more tapings sharpish if this is intended to kick off the weekly TV show, as there's maybe material for maximum 3 or 4 hour-long shows in the can. If taping are pretty regular, presuming they won't be sending Triple H et al (Twitter suggests Corino, Scott Armstrong & Matt Bloom were all in attendance) to every future UK taping, so it'll be interesting to see who they get turned over to if that's the case. Regal might well be there as he looks like being an on-air authority figure here too, although that might just be because the title match is happening on his NXT show in a couple of weeks.

Archived