WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

Norwich is pain to drive to ...

Given that comment, anywhere west or north-west of Swansea is a ball-ache, but there are promotions out there pulling punters & seriously able to put on TV tapings.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think any Indy promotion should be very cautious of WWE. Its all a very similar situation to the territories back in the 80's

So cautious you've had to say it twice. I don't think WWE are going into Norwich to raid WAW's talent roster. I would imagine the venue has been chosen because it's the right size to what they want to do and perfect for use of filming shows for the network. It's a TV studios based in the south which has been used for wrestling. Sounds perfect for the WWE UK shows.

I was thinking of getting tickets for this but £36 each for floor seats (prefer tiers unless first two/three rows) is a bit steep I think for non-superstars, I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. I thought Blackpool was cheaper than that?

I paid £38.15 for Norwich from Live Nation.

Before you start, the £30 Face Value is £34.70 with Service Charge then £3.45 for basic delivery, which apparently if lost in post doesn't guarantee you a replacement!

WAW basic seats for the big shows are £15.

I was thinking of getting tickets for this but £36 each for floor seats (prefer tiers unless first two/three rows) is a bit steep I think for non-superstars, I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. I thought Blackpool was cheaper than that?

I paid £38.15 for Norwich from Live Nation.

Before you start, the £30 Face Value is £34.70 with Service Charge then £3.45 for basic delivery, which apparently if lost in post doesn't guarantee you a replacement!

WAW basic seats for the big shows are £15.

I wasn't comparing with WAW as I don't know much about them so unfair for me to say much but just thought £36 each is pricey for a WWE event without any superstars as such, some of those on the show I could probably watch at other promotions anyway for cheaper. 

But I suppose if its selling out thats business. 

I was thinkimg Ricky has a point not to be too worried. Correct me if I'm wrong but WAW are not an internet fan reliant on. They have for years attracted local audiences some great some not great but that's to be expected over time. I doubt less than 15% of WAW regulars got tickets over hardcore WWE and internet fans who will travel. It's a different audience essentially and for at least a few goes round if tapings became regular that wont change. I'd be more worried of a wee house show at the same time I have a big show

• Paid Members

I think you're probably right, Simon. I suppose the only cause for concern would be if people don't go to WAW's shows the following weekend because they've splashed out on WWE tickets and can't afford more wrestling that month. I don't think that will be too much of a concern though as I think you're right in saying the crossover audience isn't that huge.

From a personal point of view, I've got tickets for WWE on both nights, and (unless my girlfriend kicks off majorly about it!) I'll be getting tickets for WAW the following weekend too.

I recognise that I'm in a fortunate position insofar as a) the venue is a 20 minute walk from my front door & b) I've no kids to worry about (or spend money on).

The thing is nobody can say if this is going to be a problem at this stage. We don't know what we have with WWEUk will we have a regular network show which might need a touring brand. One spot show in Norwich is fine and may even promote an appetite for more wrestling in the area. However what if they start running Norwich quarterly. Where would they look next for where to draw, Preston, Cardiff who knows. Probably not London or Glasgow I'd think. This will get a lot of press locally in Norwich surely and will create a bit of buzz which will be picked up by casuals.

This could be like the territories in the 80's on a small scale.

Or it could just be the odd spot show something to enhance a budding scene. Time will tell.

Plus let's say your girlfriend does kick off, WAW just lost money to WWE because you can't do both. Hypothetical bullshit but hey.

• 1 month later...

Have tickets been delivered yet then? Not seen mine in the post yet. 

Booked night 2 as soon as they were on sale, and grabbed myself one for the first night last week

• Paid Members

My tickets turned up this morning.

Walked past the venue last Sunday and there was (at there usually is) a big banner above the door advertising the next WAW show. Be interesting to see if that's still there come next week.

Beginning to think we might be seeing Nixon Newell's first WWE appearance(s) on this? Talk around her signing seems to have been around for ages, and it seems like she's been finishing up in other places over the last few weeks?

• Paid Members

I suspect Nixon will make her debut in the Women's Tournament in the Summer, though I suppose there's a chance she could get a Tommy End style surprise appearance at the UK show too if she's around.

Archived