WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Ricky isn't happy about WWE turning up in the studios that he uses. I'd imagine that he is so unhappy that he will stop using the words "Former WWE" on his posters. I'd imagine he will also stop using the WWE logo on his posters as well. Because it's obviously wrong to try and piggyback off another promotion.

WWE is a corporate giant worth billions are they really this small time. Or will we get Scott Hall coming through the crowd with the Knights "you know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here".

Ricky was regularly Road Warrior Animal.

• Paid Members

It's not small time, it's old school wrestling mentality. It could be serving as a warning to Paige. Bad mouth us in the press, or embarrass us in any way and we will take away your families ability to make money. Vince could run Norwich every week for a year if he wanted, just out of spite. Just think, if he wanted there could be a WWE performance centre for UK talent. Sure London or Manchester would be easier, but Norwich would be so much cheaper to set up, and for the talent to live around. Will this happen, it's very very unlikely, but if Page, Alberto, and the Knights piss him off enough, it could. Vince McMahon likes to win, he's got a lot more money than the opposition has. If I were Ricky I'd shut up and hope this doesn't get ugly, because if it does then there is only one winner.

I am suprised there isnt a performance centre over in the UK yet, it could easily act as hub for European talent if based in London or Manchester. Didn't Al Snow set one up recently ?.

Paige will be gone from WWE soon, I think that is pretty clear to all. WAW can then advertise her as ex-WWE and stick her on the seaside shows every half and end of term. albeit in front of 700 rabid fans that are not at all interested in WWE.

WAW are a small wrestling company that aren't going to have massive profits. They're not a threat to WWE. Them putting 'former WWE star' is hardly the same as the biggest wrestling company in the world coming into your regular arena for shows. One could make a family struggle to provide. The other won't affect the other company in any way.

Also, the Partridge references are pretty obvious and dull.

I don't see how a single weekend of shows in a tv studio that holds not many people affects the business of WAW at all. It's a one off. Ricky can have Norwich every other weekend. The people will still go. I'd bet a lot of the tickets being sold for this are going to people who live outside Norwich anyway. How many people who regularly attend WAW shows would even know about this online network show that isn't aimed at families anyway?

Agreed. Some posts loving the corporate giant taking shots at a company that must barely turn any kind of profit. If this is a shot at Paige it is petty and therefore unsurprising if it is. But to take up for WWE doing something damaging to somebody who has helped keep Britwres alive during the dark days (running tribute shows because that's what drew when WWE had made WOS look second rate, and training countless people)so there could be this boom. What do you want only wrestling with the WWE seal of approval or a variety where you can choose.

Also why would they need a performance centre. There's more training here than ever. Nearly everybody will have good training within travelling distance now. They don't need to get involved with the training. They can just take the cream of the trained talent and send them to Orlando as they are doing.

• Paid Members

Also, the Partridge references are pretty obvious and dull.

Partridge references are NEVER, EVER dull! Would it be terribly rude to stop listening to you and go speak to somebody else?

I hope Sphinx's real name is Dan

I am suprised there isnt a performance centre over in the UK yet, it could easily act as hub for European talent if based in London or Manchester. 

They spent millions building the one in Orlando, and it can comfortably host anyone they want to sign to a developmental contract. What on earth would be the point of spending all of those millions again rather than just buying a few plane tickets to Florida?

Archived