WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

The decision to tape there has to be at least partly Paige movie related. It's too much of a coincidence. They've already taped footage for the movie at the studios, and Stephen Merchant has been there several times. 

They're holding 2 shows in a tv studio and with all due respect to Norwich which is a lovely city, it's not the first city that springs to mind to tape tv in. They could have taped in studios in any of the major cities or even gone back to Blackpool which they loved.

WAW have used Scott Hall loads so maybe Hall has put in a good word to HHH about the studios being a suitable location.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think you're referring to Norwich Sports Village, which is VERY leisure centre-y. Plus. it's not got a built-in TV studio.

There aren't really any other big, suitable indoor venues that spring to mind other than the 'Arena' at Norwich Showground, which is an exhibition hall (that I hire to run exams in my day job). It's a big venue but just a vast flat floor, so any sight lines for a wrestling event would be terrible.

Just seen this photo of WAW's new set-up on Twitter. Looks very WWE-like to me:

https://twitter.com/danieltarquin/status/840176456051376128/photo/1

Mad relationship that the Knight family's got with WWE right now isn't it? Daughter allegedly unhappy and wants out, then suddenly The Rock's making a film about them and WWE Films are co-producing, now this looks to have knocked it all right back down. Love-hate to the extreme.

WAW don't own the studios and these guys have lived off the back of the WWE for years.

I am sure WWE are really concerned about a local based third rate promotion who draw 700-800 fans for some 'TV' tapings every 6 weeks. And when I say TV tapings, I say tapings shown online, subscription basis, and not on UK TV or Cable.

Say what you want about being third rate they've been running since 94 keeping the scene going in good times a bad. Progress had its first show in 2012 and ICW only started making waves around the same time both seemingly jumping into bed with WWE as soon as the chance arose they've only known good times as the scene has grown with them and in part because of them. If it all goes tits up tomorrow WAW will still be running cards in Norwich. With the links that have been discussed this has to be a personal shot to not even seemingly have mentioned it. It's not like they don't know somebody runs Norwich. Thinks this stinks personally where's the respect.

Archived