WWE United Kingdom Championship Live - Epic Studios, Norwich May 6th &

AnotherCrapUsername

WWE moving into the UK market is a fair move IMO, it's up to the UK organisations to adapt and compete. The likes of Progress are thriving, despite the prospect of losing about a third of its roster on the horizon. No reason WAW can't also thrive. WWE won't be in East Anglia every week anyway!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many people did the arena in Blackpool fit for the original tournament? They may be going for a more intimate atmosphere than most of the shows they do

And sorry Ricky but you're talking nonsense about "do Norwich fans not deserve main roster", now I don't really know all of what's going on but I do know WWE are trying to get their UK brand off the ground and it's a really exciting time for fans all around the country.

I'd probably go see this ahead of a standard house show or Raw or Smackdown at the O2. Most people wouldn't think the same but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's fascinated at what they do with some of these UK lads and what develops on from there.

If NXT did a smaller venue in Norwich would that also irk you or do you just accept it as a sub-brand of WWE without the whole Cena/Taker/Lesnar/Reigns razzle dazzle that would draw much bigger crowds?

Still hope to take in a WAW show soon, just not on May 7th ;)

stay a week see our show then you can judge us by our product not BS and rumours that do the rounds, good luck with show on 7th nothing against fans having a good time

• Paid Members

another thing with me I don't give a fuck about money

I don't fully believe this, by all accounts you have been running for a long time and aren't a moron. No one runs a business well unless they care about the bottom line and you're not playing at it.

another thing with me I don't give a fuck about money

I don't fully believe this, by all accounts you have been running for a long time and aren't a moron. No one runs a business well unless they care about the bottom line and you're not playing at it.

of course I have to run a profit that's business but personally money means nout to me I am a council estate boy and proud of my roots anyone who knows me will agree

I suppose there's not many big venues in that part of the country WWE would run. Can't blame them for starting this UK thing in smaller places. I think that 4,000 seater place you mentioned would be good for an NXT Tour date. Then again, it's down to the tour promotors those things.

• Paid Members

His own wife thought it was horrible, this pale white body that was so skinny twirling about on the ropes and doing all this daft nonsense. And she's right. Where are the men in wrestling? Where are the men and not these daft young boys that look like they've never been in a real fight. Wouldn't even know how to throw a real punch. Couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and there's his wife saying the same thing, it's not even nice to look at.

And it's not even wrestling. It's Cirque Du Soleil. Roly polys and diving through the middle rope and jumping off the top rope and not even trying to act hurt. It's acrobatics. Not wrestling. Don't call it wrestling. That's not wrestling. And the more that kind of stuff seeps through to the main programming of Raw and Smackdown the less people that watch wrestling. It's embaressing shite like this and then top it off with New Day and Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn and right there you've either got people laughing and mocking wrestling or just turning it off. An absolute embarassment and it's marks that pay for it. A room full of  marks.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!

Shite. Absolute shite.

I do t give a fuck what that cunt thinks, his cunty wife thinks, or what you think, you massive cunt.

I just think promotions need to focus on their own product and deliver the best they can. I do suspect WWE are probably being a little petty using the venue considering the Paige situation but you could counter that with the whole Rock/WWE Films relationship. On the other hand, The Rock can do what he wants in WWE, even call up CM Punk on his mobile.

I do see a lot of these smaller promotions being pretty stagnant now. How does a local promotion in Norwich grow and build ?. Norwich is pain to drive to, no major motorways and the train links are not much better. Last year I thought PCW would really push on but they have struggled, it has been the success of Progress and RevPro that are the real positive news but both seem quite happy to work with WWE, the problem will be is how do they survive on the WWE scraps of food. The scene is changing in the UK, I do think the local or seaside based promo's will do decent holiday business but not much more, they will struggle to attract the talent. WCPW interest me, they seem to have a lot of money behind them but at some point they need to turn a profit. Their MK show with Angle and Del Rio had a lot of hype but personally I felt it was pretty poor, can they survive without the WWE signed UK talent not on their TV ?.

I don't want to see people go out of business and if WAW are providing entertainment to fans then great but I think the reaction from them to what WWE did is wrong mentality. You need to be confident in your own product and continue to improve that.

Archived