Unexpected times you got emotional while watching the telly

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are the same episode. Lisa plays Jazzman with him before he school recital and when she goes back to see him again he's passed away. Bart buys Gum's album from Comic Book Guy using the money he got after eating the jagged metal Krusty-O, which landed him in hospital in the first place and links the two stories. Lisa then takes the album to the radio station

They are the same episode. Lisa plays Jazzman with him before he school recital and when she goes back to see him again he's passed away. Bart buys Gum's album from Comic Book Guy using the money he got after eating the jagged metal Krusty-O, which landed him in hospital in the first place and links the two stories. Lisa then takes the album to the radio station

Well in any case, I'm certain it's a great song, as evidenced by the dancing elephants and leprechauns at the end.

Well in any case, I'm certain it's a great song, as evidenced by the dancing elephants and leprechauns at the end.

That's just terrible CGI in the Lucas Directors cut, like when Burns shot first.

• Awards Moderator

It doesn't really count because it's a piece of music rather than straightforward telly, but watching the Oscars highlights the other week I found myself in tears during Lin-Manuel Miranda and Auli'i Cravalho's performance of 'How Far I'll Go' from Moana. I wasn't expecting to get so emotional at 5 to 8 on a Monday morning!

• Paid Members

mash-chicken-clip-w-30-rock_scruberthumb

^^^ That, can fuck off.

I wasn't even a MASH fan, didn't dislike it, just a little before my time, so watching one of these "Million bestest TV endings" countdown shows on Ch5, even without context this absolutely did me. 

Spoilers below for context...

Through repeated counseling sessions, Hawkeye recalls that they picked up some refugees and wounded soldiers farther up the road as an enemy patrol was coming. The bus had to hide off the road and the occupants were forced to remain quiet. Hawkeye refuses to tell Sidney anything further, but then lashes out at two of his fellow patients for getting into a loud argument. Hawkeye says they were screaming like chickens and jokes about chickens taking the bus. Using that as a clue, Sidney digs deeper and Hawkeye remembers a refugee woman who boarded the bus carrying a chicken that would not stop clucking.

Sidney begins to piece together what led to Hawkeye's breakdown. Hawkeye insists that he is perfectly fine, but Freedman reminds him that after returning to the 4077th, Hawkeye had accused an anesthesiologist of trying to smother a patient and then drove a Jeep through a wall in the officers' club and ordered a double bourbon. After more questioning, Hawkeye remembers telling the refugee to make the chicken be quiet, but when it suddenly stopped making noise, Hawkeye realized that the woman had killed the chicken to silence it. Hawkeye then breaks down sobbing as he remembers that the refugee woman was not carrying a chicken, but her infant child and had smothered her baby to death to silence it as Hawkeye had insisted.

• Paid Members

I knew I'd be sad when I watched Matt Smith Regenerate in Doctor Who, but I didn't expect to be blubbing like a baby.

I knew I'd be sad when I watched Matt Smith Regenerate in Doctor Who, but I didn't expect to be blubbing like a baby.

Tenants I don't want to go like had me welling up.

Various episodes of Fringe had me in tears as well, stupid white tulip

And Marley and me broke me.

• Paid Members

E7254684-8CAF-4C77-8537-6FCBA04803F6_zps

Every time.

It's the moment just before it that really gets me though. He's waving as his mum's van drives away he stops for a second and then his hand just drops to his side. It's absolutely crushing

homersmomleaves.gif

The producers getting Fox to not blab over the credits on the original broadcast I always liked as a story.

Gets me every time that shot.

Bart having an absolute breakdown getting his 'F' makes me sad thinking about it. I think it's the first time you see something like that from his character as it's only the second season.

• Paid Members

Tenants I don't want to go like had me welling up.

Yeah, Tennant's one had everyone going here. Don't have a scooby why. Probably because it was just so sad and drawn out over about 30 minutes.

There's a Damon Wayans film called Blankman which was a staple of that shelf full of shite you never rented out but always wondered about along with Celtic Pride, Major Payne, Ernest Joins The RA, The Wrong Guys and that type of fare. Anyway, when my nan got cable in about 1996 they used to show it all the time on some channel and with having fuck all to do I sat down and watched it.

The character's a really naive decent guy and right at the fucking start his nan gets killed which kicks off the whole superhero thing, but the thing that hit me harder than that is later in the film when his best mate, a robot called J-5, sacrifices itself by ingesting a bomb to save Blankman and whatever the fuck David Alan Grier's character was. Blankman pisses tears that his best mate's not only gone but went out with such a heroic act and  it just gutted me. I've been scared of watching it since.

Archived